ADM: posting rules to Z_Scale

  • jmac_han@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 5:55 PM
      Dear Z_Scale members,

      In order to offer the most enjoyable internet experience to
      Z_Scale members, it is sometimes necessary to establish
      some guidelines for uploads and posting.

      Keep in mind that many members do not have fast modems,
      fast CPUs or unlimited access time to the internet. Some
      members do not have internet access at all but interact with us
      via email.

      With these limitations, it would be in all of our best interest to
      respect the following when posting to the group:

      1. Please take the time to edit the original message or to cut it
      completely if you are simply sending a short reply. Do not send
      a posting with more than 1 embedded message. Many times
      messages are bounced around several times, collecting
      additional useless text.

      2. Email attachments of 50k max per message will be tolerated,
      however less is better. If the image is bigger than 50k then the
      'files - pictures' section is the place to send it with a link to it
      in
      the message. Remember, many members will delete your 'fat'
      email without opening it.

      This list works because of the consideration we show for each
      other. Let's try these guidelines and see if the list can live with
      them. If we run into trouble, email attachments will be curtailed.

      Feel free to communicate with me about these guidelines.

      Best regards,
      Jeffrey MacHan
    • Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3 3:52 PM
        Dear Jeff,

        it is very nice to learn, that somebody has a feeling, what some, if not the
        majority of the z_scale list members have problems with.
        What is the average age of the majority of the Z_Scale members? I guess, the
        average age is above 50 years. (This would be a very interesting subject of a
        poll!).
        At this age, I assume, you are not keen to stay with your equipment always at
        the front edge of the state of the art. I still keep my Intel 486 chip PC with a
        hard disk of only 560 MB! My friends call this PC a 'Lambarene PC'. However,
        this is fine to cope with my daily correspondence and the e-mails (without BIG
        attachments). No need, to buy a new PC.

        You are right! If I receive an e-mail of more than 50 kb, I delete it right away
        on the server.

        So, your proposed rules I do support fully!

        By the way, did you had some time to think it over to attend the fair in
        Sinsheim, Germany?

        greetings

        Dieter

        jmac_han@... schrieb:
        > Dear Z_Scale members,
        >

        > 1. Please take the time to edit the original message or to cut it
        > completely if you are simply sending a short reply. Do not send
        > a posting with more than 1 embedded message. Many times
        > messages are bounced around several times, collecting
        > additional useless text.
        >
        > 2. Email attachments of 50k max per message will be tolerated,
        > however less is better. If the image is bigger than 50k then the
        > 'files - pictures' section is the place to send it with a link to it
        > in
        > the message. Remember, many members will delete your 'fat'
        > email without opening it.
        >

        > Feel free to communicate with me about these guidelines.
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Jeffrey MacHan

        Dieter W. Nolte
        E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...