Looking for some small stuff info

  • Mark Harrison
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2005
      Hi all!

      I am looking for some parts / info... Hopefully you all can help me!
      ;-)

      (a) I am looking for an empty box to house Reefer/box cars, similar to
      an 8606:
      http://harrison.neonexus.com/images/Trains/Stock/8606.gif

      If any one has empty box(es) they want to part with, please contact me
      off-list.

      (b) Where would I find more cleaning pads for the 86501 cleaning car?
      http://harrison.neonexus.com/images/Trains/Stock/86501.jpg

      (c) I am looking for a window lens for my 8874. I only need 1...
      http://harrison.neonexus.com/images/Trains/Stock/8874.gif

      Thanks for your time!

      :-)

      - Mark H.
    • Uwe Liermann
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2005
        Hello Mark,

        > (b) Where would I find more cleaning pads for the 86501 cleaning
        car?
        > http://harrison.neonexus.com/images/Trains/Stock/86501.jpg

        I got mine with two additional pads, and the manual (and the maerklin
        website) says you can wash them in a small cloth bag. The cleaning
        system is the "System Jörger" from Manfred Jörger. Unfortunately I
        don't know about a source for the extra pads in the US, but they can
        be bought from Manfred Jörger. 4 pads are 6 Euro. Sorry but his
        website and Online shop is only in German:

        <http://www.system-joerger.de/shop/catalog/product_info.php?
        cPath=14_3&products_id=12>

        I hope this helps at least a little.

        --
        GreetingZ

        Uwe
      • Uwe Liermann
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2005
          Hello again Mark,

          I just saw that the cleaning car from Maerklin 86501, which is a System
          Jörger car, seems to be an old version. It is sold from Maerklin for 59
          Euro with three pads. Now Jörger sells a car like the 8622 with thre
          pads for 44 EUR.

          I also have the 86501.

          It would be good to know if the pads for both are the same. I hope and
          belive so...

          Maybe Jeremy Brandon can help us her with some insight.

          --
          GreetingZ
          Uwe