Re: What is your favorite diesel locomotive and why?

  • de Champeaux
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2005
      (sorry guys, I won't be very active on the group within the next 2 or
      3 months due to a new type rating in progress - the 747-400 - I've
      even no time for modelrailroading)

      My absolute prefered? For the diesels, still unable to choose between
      the Dash 9-44 CW/AC44-9W or the SD40-2, both have a terrific look and
      a wonderful growl.....For the steams, my choice is somewhere between
      Santa Fe's Class 3800/3900, Big Boys, N&W Y6bs and AC 12 Cab Fwds,
      depending on the day. For electrics (even though I'm not fond of
      them), I've a love affair with Little-Joes.

      But although I'm an european, I don't feel any interrest in bullet
      trains / electric (passenger) powered trains, so my prefered locos are
      on the west hand side of the Pond (see above).

      Dominique
    • Deane Shepard
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2005
        The red warbonnet F7's are nice and definitely the best for running
        but I also really like the red Santa Fe Dash 9.

        Deane S.