Re: [Z_Scale] looking for vehicles

  • harbormaster@searails.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
      Please see our Z scale school buses on the bottom of
      our "VEHICLES" page at www.searails.com. There is also a
      special offer for advance reservations for the small school
      bus, and an additional offer for specific sideboard decals.

      Thanks for supporting Z scale.

      Jim
      Harbormaster@...
      Rail Served Heavy Industry Models
      Valley Ford, CA 94972
      1-800-929-3361
    • Ellen
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
        Arie

        It was Arrowhead--I bought a whole fleet from him. I would say they
        qualify as 70's buses. They look just what I drove back then--and
        better than what I drive now. If I were you I'd contact him direct
        and ask

        Ellen
        Indianapolis

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Phil" <philaun@y...> wrote:

        > Arie,
        >
        > Arrowhead Scale Models used to make a bus, but now I don't see it
        in
        > his store. It's possible that he might have run out, and may be in
        > the process of making more. He does have other vehicles for the
        > 40's/50's and 80's that you might like. The only store that I know
        > for him right off is on the ole auction site.
        >
        > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models
        >
        > You might try emailing him to see if he has any that he's working
        on.

        > Later,
        >
        > Phil
        >

        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Arie Knoops" <ariek@p...> wrote:
        > >

        > > So the questions are who makes the American 1970s
        > > school bus, and also who makes utility vehicles from that period
        > as
        > well.

      • Arie Knoops
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
          I'd like to thank everyone who responded. Yes it was arrowhead that I was
          thinking of, that he's on ebay totally blanked out of my mind. Jim are you
          taking advance orders for your new bus?
        • harbormaster@searails.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
            Yes, advance reservations are being accepted for one each of
            a Limited Edition of 100 PAINTED sets of five (5) School
            Buses offerred for $50.00 each set at the bottom of;

            http://www.searails.com/pages/948172/index.htm

            School Buses cast in School Bus Yellow will be avialable in
            sets of five (5) after the first of the year. UNpainted for
            US$25.00

            Addionally, if an order is placed for one of the Limited
            Edition sets, sideboard decals of words and logo image are
            available as an additional purchase.

            Jim
            Harbormaster@...
            Rail Served Heavy Industry Models
            Valley Ford, CA 94972
            1-800-929-3361
          • Dave Hjortnaes
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
              Dear Arie:

              I got one of those school busses. It has not arrived yet, but I got
              one and someone else got one.
              The e-bay number was 5943251595, so if you punch that number in you
              will see the bus again and who I bought it from.

              I think you are right in that he had other vehicles as well.

              dave h.
            • sndbyte@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                Yujin is Japanese company that makes small candy and gashapon (gumball
                machine) toys. I don't know where to purchase the type you saw. You might be
                able to find them through a hobby or toy site that deals in Japanese
                collectibles.

                Tomy (another Japanese company) is well know for their N-scale bus models
                that came out in Japan. The cost about $2 or $3 dollars are highly detailed.