RE: [Z_Scale] looking for vehicles

  • Don
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1 5:05 AM
      Do we have any Z Model Detectives here ?? Last year I ran unto a
      school bus and a couple of other models that I bought out of a gum-ball
      machine. Got the owner to open it and sell me what I wanted. I was
      never able to find anything more about the models. The box is written
      in a foreign script which I can not read, but it may be distributed out
      of the west coast. The only English script is "49" and a photo and an
      address [The last time I checked I could learn almost nothing as it also
      is written in a foreign script] www.yujin-net.com The Universal
      Product Code printed on the box is 4 904790 91968 8 but Google
      says this is an improper number. The bus is about 1.5 inches long and
      0.5 inches overall wide. It looks very good with many Z-scale models.
      If anyone wants a couple of photos of the bus and/or box contact me off
      line and I'll take a couple. I'm pretty sure I sent this to Loren last
      year who was going to take a stab at contacting the distributor which I
      think I traced to San Diego or when he in was in the San Diego are, but
      that was the weekend Robert left his module out in the sun ...and we all
      learned that was bad news. Anyway, any sleuths out there might be able
      to track these down models. We could all benefit as the several models
      I got were really pretty nice. ...never did try the gum...

      Don
      Akron, Ohio - USA

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1 9:58 AM
        Please see our Z scale school buses on the bottom of
        our "VEHICLES" page at www.searails.com. There is also a
        special offer for advance reservations for the small school
        bus, and an additional offer for specific sideboard decals.

        Thanks for supporting Z scale.

        Jim
        Harbormaster@...
        Rail Served Heavy Industry Models
        Valley Ford, CA 94972
        1-800-929-3361
      • Ellen
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 1 9:59 AM
          Arie

          It was Arrowhead--I bought a whole fleet from him. I would say they
          qualify as 70's buses. They look just what I drove back then--and
          better than what I drive now. If I were you I'd contact him direct
          and ask

          Ellen
          Indianapolis

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Phil" <philaun@y...> wrote:

          > Arie,
          >
          > Arrowhead Scale Models used to make a bus, but now I don't see it
          in
          > his store. It's possible that he might have run out, and may be in
          > the process of making more. He does have other vehicles for the
          > 40's/50's and 80's that you might like. The only store that I know
          > for him right off is on the ole auction site.
          >
          > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models
          >
          > You might try emailing him to see if he has any that he's working
          on.

          > Later,
          >
          > Phil
          >

          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Arie Knoops" <ariek@p...> wrote:
          > >

          > > So the questions are who makes the American 1970s
          > > school bus, and also who makes utility vehicles from that period
          > as
          > well.

        • Arie Knoops
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 1 10:41 AM
            I'd like to thank everyone who responded. Yes it was arrowhead that I was
            thinking of, that he's on ebay totally blanked out of my mind. Jim are you
            taking advance orders for your new bus?
          • harbormaster@searails.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 1 10:59 AM
              Yes, advance reservations are being accepted for one each of
              a Limited Edition of 100 PAINTED sets of five (5) School
              Buses offerred for $50.00 each set at the bottom of;

              http://www.searails.com/pages/948172/index.htm

              School Buses cast in School Bus Yellow will be avialable in
              sets of five (5) after the first of the year. UNpainted for
              US$25.00

              Addionally, if an order is placed for one of the Limited
              Edition sets, sideboard decals of words and logo image are
              available as an additional purchase.

              Jim
              Harbormaster@...
              Rail Served Heavy Industry Models
              Valley Ford, CA 94972
              1-800-929-3361
            • Dave Hjortnaes
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 1 2:38 PM
                Dear Arie:

                I got one of those school busses. It has not arrived yet, but I got
                one and someone else got one.
                The e-bay number was 5943251595, so if you punch that number in you
                will see the bus again and who I bought it from.

                I think you are right in that he had other vehicles as well.

                dave h.
              • sndbyte@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 1 10:28 PM
                  Yujin is Japanese company that makes small candy and gashapon (gumball
                  machine) toys. I don't know where to purchase the type you saw. You might be
                  able to find them through a hobby or toy site that deals in Japanese
                  collectibles.

                  Tomy (another Japanese company) is well know for their N-scale bus models
                  that came out in Japan. The cost about $2 or $3 dollars are highly detailed.