Re: looking for vehicles

  • Phil
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
      Arie,

      Arrowhead Scale Models used to make a bus, but now I don't see it in
      his store. It's possible that he might have run out, and may be in
      the process of making more. He does have other vehicles for the
      40's/50's and 80's that you might like. The only store that I know
      for him right off is on the ole auction site.

      http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

      You might try emailing him to see if he has any that he's working on.

      Later,

      Phil

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Arie Knoops" <ariek@p...> wrote:

      > So the questions are who makes the American 1970s
      > school bus, and also who makes utility vehicles from that period
      as
      well.
    • Don
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
        Do we have any Z Model Detectives here ?? Last year I ran unto a
        school bus and a couple of other models that I bought out of a gum-ball
        machine. Got the owner to open it and sell me what I wanted. I was
        never able to find anything more about the models. The box is written
        in a foreign script which I can not read, but it may be distributed out
        of the west coast. The only English script is "49" and a photo and an
        address [The last time I checked I could learn almost nothing as it also
        is written in a foreign script] www.yujin-net.com The Universal
        Product Code printed on the box is 4 904790 91968 8 but Google
        says this is an improper number. The bus is about 1.5 inches long and
        0.5 inches overall wide. It looks very good with many Z-scale models.
        If anyone wants a couple of photos of the bus and/or box contact me off
        line and I'll take a couple. I'm pretty sure I sent this to Loren last
        year who was going to take a stab at contacting the distributor which I
        think I traced to San Diego or when he in was in the San Diego are, but
        that was the weekend Robert left his module out in the sun ...and we all
        learned that was bad news. Anyway, any sleuths out there might be able
        to track these down models. We could all benefit as the several models
        I got were really pretty nice. ...never did try the gum...

        Don
        Akron, Ohio - USA

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
          Please see our Z scale school buses on the bottom of
          our "VEHICLES" page at www.searails.com. There is also a
          special offer for advance reservations for the small school
          bus, and an additional offer for specific sideboard decals.

          Thanks for supporting Z scale.

          Jim
          Harbormaster@...
          Rail Served Heavy Industry Models
          Valley Ford, CA 94972
          1-800-929-3361
        • Ellen
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
            Arie

            It was Arrowhead--I bought a whole fleet from him. I would say they
            qualify as 70's buses. They look just what I drove back then--and
            better than what I drive now. If I were you I'd contact him direct
            and ask

            Ellen
            Indianapolis

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Phil" <philaun@y...> wrote:

            > Arie,
            >
            > Arrowhead Scale Models used to make a bus, but now I don't see it
            in
            > his store. It's possible that he might have run out, and may be in
            > the process of making more. He does have other vehicles for the
            > 40's/50's and 80's that you might like. The only store that I know
            > for him right off is on the ole auction site.
            >
            > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models
            >
            > You might try emailing him to see if he has any that he's working
            on.

            > Later,
            >
            > Phil
            >

            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Arie Knoops" <ariek@p...> wrote:
            > >

            > > So the questions are who makes the American 1970s
            > > school bus, and also who makes utility vehicles from that period
            > as
            > well.

          • Arie Knoops
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
              I'd like to thank everyone who responded. Yes it was arrowhead that I was
              thinking of, that he's on ebay totally blanked out of my mind. Jim are you
              taking advance orders for your new bus?
            • harbormaster@searails.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                Yes, advance reservations are being accepted for one each of
                a Limited Edition of 100 PAINTED sets of five (5) School
                Buses offerred for $50.00 each set at the bottom of;

                http://www.searails.com/pages/948172/index.htm

                School Buses cast in School Bus Yellow will be avialable in
                sets of five (5) after the first of the year. UNpainted for
                US$25.00

                Addionally, if an order is placed for one of the Limited
                Edition sets, sideboard decals of words and logo image are
                available as an additional purchase.

                Jim
                Harbormaster@...
                Rail Served Heavy Industry Models
                Valley Ford, CA 94972
                1-800-929-3361
              • Dave Hjortnaes
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                  Dear Arie:

                  I got one of those school busses. It has not arrived yet, but I got
                  one and someone else got one.
                  The e-bay number was 5943251595, so if you punch that number in you
                  will see the bus again and who I bought it from.

                  I think you are right in that he had other vehicles as well.

                  dave h.
                • sndbyte@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                    Yujin is Japanese company that makes small candy and gashapon (gumball
                    machine) toys. I don't know where to purchase the type you saw. You might be
                    able to find them through a hobby or toy site that deals in Japanese
                    collectibles.

                    Tomy (another Japanese company) is well know for their N-scale bus models
                    that came out in Japan. The cost about $2 or $3 dollars are highly detailed.