RE: [Z_Scale] looking for vehicles

  • Arie Knoops
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
      Bill,
      Thanks for the offer, but its an '83 Guzzi.......at least they didn't hit my
      V11 (if you cant guess, I'm fond of Italian tractors)
      Arie

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
        Arie,

        Arrowhead Scale Models used to make a bus, but now I don't see it in
        his store. It's possible that he might have run out, and may be in
        the process of making more. He does have other vehicles for the
        40's/50's and 80's that you might like. The only store that I know
        for him right off is on the ole auction site.

        http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

        You might try emailing him to see if he has any that he's working on.

        Later,

        Phil

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Arie Knoops" <ariek@p...> wrote:

        > So the questions are who makes the American 1970s
        > school bus, and also who makes utility vehicles from that period
        as
        well.
      • Don
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
          Do we have any Z Model Detectives here ?? Last year I ran unto a
          school bus and a couple of other models that I bought out of a gum-ball
          machine. Got the owner to open it and sell me what I wanted. I was
          never able to find anything more about the models. The box is written
          in a foreign script which I can not read, but it may be distributed out
          of the west coast. The only English script is "49" and a photo and an
          address [The last time I checked I could learn almost nothing as it also
          is written in a foreign script] www.yujin-net.com The Universal
          Product Code printed on the box is 4 904790 91968 8 but Google
          says this is an improper number. The bus is about 1.5 inches long and
          0.5 inches overall wide. It looks very good with many Z-scale models.
          If anyone wants a couple of photos of the bus and/or box contact me off
          line and I'll take a couple. I'm pretty sure I sent this to Loren last
          year who was going to take a stab at contacting the distributor which I
          think I traced to San Diego or when he in was in the San Diego are, but
          that was the weekend Robert left his module out in the sun ...and we all
          learned that was bad news. Anyway, any sleuths out there might be able
          to track these down models. We could all benefit as the several models
          I got were really pretty nice. ...never did try the gum...

          Don
          Akron, Ohio - USA

          Arie, I work for a Harley dealer and deal with other bikes as well. On
          and off road as well. Can I help with parts? Bill
          Recently a couple of members were talking about a z scale school bus.
          think it was Robert (or was it on BAZ?) I thought that I had book
          marked
          the info but now can't find it...comes from being totally frustrated
          with
          chasing down a couple of motorcycle gremlins for two different
          friends. And
          after what happened to me today with my motorbike (hit and run while
          parked)
          I just wanted to focus on what I needed to order up for the winter box
          layout I'm starting. So the questions are who makes the American
          1970s
          school bus, and also who makes utility vehicles from that period as
          well. I
          --
        • harbormaster@searails.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
            Please see our Z scale school buses on the bottom of
            our "VEHICLES" page at www.searails.com. There is also a
            special offer for advance reservations for the small school
            bus, and an additional offer for specific sideboard decals.

            Thanks for supporting Z scale.

            Jim
            Harbormaster@...
            Rail Served Heavy Industry Models
            Valley Ford, CA 94972
            1-800-929-3361
          • Ellen
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
              Arie

              It was Arrowhead--I bought a whole fleet from him. I would say they
              qualify as 70's buses. They look just what I drove back then--and
              better than what I drive now. If I were you I'd contact him direct
              and ask

              Ellen
              Indianapolis

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Phil" <philaun@y...> wrote:

              > Arie,
              >
              > Arrowhead Scale Models used to make a bus, but now I don't see it
              in
              > his store. It's possible that he might have run out, and may be in
              > the process of making more. He does have other vehicles for the
              > 40's/50's and 80's that you might like. The only store that I know
              > for him right off is on the ole auction site.
              >
              > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models
              >
              > You might try emailing him to see if he has any that he's working
              on.

              > Later,
              >
              > Phil
              >

              > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Arie Knoops" <ariek@p...> wrote:
              > >

              > > So the questions are who makes the American 1970s
              > > school bus, and also who makes utility vehicles from that period
              > as
              > well.

            • Arie Knoops
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                I'd like to thank everyone who responded. Yes it was arrowhead that I was
                thinking of, that he's on ebay totally blanked out of my mind. Jim are you
                taking advance orders for your new bus?
              • harbormaster@searails.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                  Yes, advance reservations are being accepted for one each of
                  a Limited Edition of 100 PAINTED sets of five (5) School
                  Buses offerred for $50.00 each set at the bottom of;

                  http://www.searails.com/pages/948172/index.htm

                  School Buses cast in School Bus Yellow will be avialable in
                  sets of five (5) after the first of the year. UNpainted for
                  US$25.00

                  Addionally, if an order is placed for one of the Limited
                  Edition sets, sideboard decals of words and logo image are
                  available as an additional purchase.

                  Jim
                  Harbormaster@...
                  Rail Served Heavy Industry Models
                  Valley Ford, CA 94972
                  1-800-929-3361
                • Dave Hjortnaes
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                    Dear Arie:

                    I got one of those school busses. It has not arrived yet, but I got
                    one and someone else got one.
                    The e-bay number was 5943251595, so if you punch that number in you
                    will see the bus again and who I bought it from.

                    I think you are right in that he had other vehicles as well.

                    dave h.
                  • sndbyte@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                      Yujin is Japanese company that makes small candy and gashapon (gumball
                      machine) toys. I don't know where to purchase the type you saw. You might be
                      able to find them through a hobby or toy site that deals in Japanese
                      collectibles.

                      Tomy (another Japanese company) is well know for their N-scale bus models
                      that came out in Japan. The cost about $2 or $3 dollars are highly detailed.