Turntable brush replacement and cleanning

  • Dave Stubbs
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2005
      Has anyone taken the marklin turntable apart. I'd like to expose the
      motor to clean any old oil out and re-lubricate the gears. Any help
      would be great.

      TIA, Dave Stubbs
    • Brian Redman
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2005
        On Dec 1, 2005, at 7:11 AM, Dave Stubbs wrote:

        > Has anyone taken the marklin turntable apart. I'd like to expose the
        > motor to clean any old oil out and re-lubricate the gears. Any help
        > would be great.

        Hello Dave,

        As a placeholder for a better answer coming down the pike, I'll say
        that I have taken apart a model 8998 turntable to service the motor
        and drive shaft. Even though it was only a few months ago, I don't
        remember details but I seem to recall it took me a few minutes to
        figure out how to take it apart properly - and something did fly out
        of the motor area which I managed to recover. So... if I remember
        correctly it's a matter of rotating the deck to the proper position
        so you can lift it out. Pull off the engine house that covers the
        motor and things should be straightforward. And watch out for flying
        elements.

        brian