Mario Daigle wins October "Model of the Month"

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 29, 2005
      Hi Gang,

      Mario Daigle has been slowly making the transition from N-scaler to
      full-time Z-scaler over the past couple of years. I have had the
      pleasure of seeing Mario's work in both scales and we are very lucky
      to have him in our midst. His Z-scale "Peace River Valley" layout is
      where Mario expresses his "imagination" and "creativity", as the home
      page photo demonstrates.

      Mario's work has graced the pages of Ztrack on several occasions. In
      this case, Mario has put together a very realistic scene centered on
      his Micro-structures filling station etched-brass kit.

      We are pleased to recognize Mario Daigle with the October "Model of
      the Month" Award.

      Congratulations, Mario.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey MacHan
    • Mario G. Daigle
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 29, 2005
        Hi Jeffrey,

        ...Yes, slowly making the transition into Zscale...BUT now a "fully
        devoted" Zscale lover!. WHAT A SCALE!!. I have absolutely no
        regrets. Z is fascinating for what one can do in small spaces.
        Plus the close knit group that we share, the camaraderie that has
        grown through this priceless Zscale forum/group that you started is
        making this beautiful scale all the more worthwhile, (not to mention
        Ztrack Magazine of course! :-)

        Striving for realism is what I love the most, although not always an
        easy task to achieve, that's what turns my imagination on!.

        Thank you Jeffrey and to the Zscale community for this very nice
        award.

        Mario

        #####################################Z ALL THE WAY! :-)

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey MacHan" <jmac_han@y...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Gang,
        >
        > Mario Daigle has been slowly making the transition from N-scaler to
        > full-time Z-scaler over the past couple of years. I have had the
        > pleasure of seeing Mario's work in both scales and we are very
        lucky
        > to have him in our midst. His Z-scale "Peace River Valley" layout
        is
        > where Mario expresses his "imagination" and "creativity", as the
        home
        > page photo demonstrates.
        >
        > Mario's work has graced the pages of Ztrack on several occasions.
        In
        > this case, Mario has put together a very realistic scene centered
        on
        > his Micro-structures filling station etched-brass kit.

        > We are pleased to recognize Mario Daigle with the October "Model of
        > the Month" Award.
        >
        > Congratulations, Mario.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Jeffrey MacHan

      • Robert Ray
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 30, 2005
          That's a very realistic scene. Excellent modeling, I want to see more!

          -Robert
        • Mario G. Daigle
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 30, 2005
            Hi Robert,

            Thank you very much for your kind comments. Yes, you can see more
            of "Peace River Valley" if you go to the PHOTO section and then
            click on "ALL ALBUMS", then go down the list to where it
            says "Mario's Peace River Valley". You can also see more photos in
            Ztrack Magazine's March/April 2003 issue.

            Thanks again for your interest!

            Mario

            ###################################### Z ALL THE WAY! :-))

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Ray" <pray59@s...> wrote:

            > That's a very realistic scene. Excellent modeling, I want to see
            more!

            > -Robert

          • Arie Knoops
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 30, 2005
              Recently a couple of members were talking about a z scale school bus. I
              think it was Robert (or was it on BAZ?) I thought that I had book marked
              the info but now can't find it...comes from being totally frustrated with
              chasing down a couple of motorcycle gremlins for two different friends. And
              after what happened to me today with my motorbike (hit and run while parked)
              I just wanted to focus on what I needed to order up for the winter box
              layout I'm starting. So the questions are who makes the American 1970s
              school bus, and also who makes utility vehicles from that period as well. I
              thought that I found some the same time that I looked up the bus. Any leads
              will help sooth my frazzled nerves, either that or an adult beverage! (yeah
              right, as if I can even be considered mature enough to be called an adult)
              Thanks
              Arie
            • Bill Powers

                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                  Bill,
                  Thanks for the offer, but its an '83 Guzzi.......at least they didn't hit my
                  V11 (if you cant guess, I'm fond of Italian tractors)
                  Arie

[...]
                  11/30/2005

                  Service.

                • Phil
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                    Arie,

                    Arrowhead Scale Models used to make a bus, but now I don't see it in
                    his store. It's possible that he might have run out, and may be in
                    the process of making more. He does have other vehicles for the
                    40's/50's and 80's that you might like. The only store that I know
                    for him right off is on the ole auction site.

                    http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

                    You might try emailing him to see if he has any that he's working on.

                    Later,

                    Phil

                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Arie Knoops" <ariek@p...> wrote:

                    > So the questions are who makes the American 1970s
                    > school bus, and also who makes utility vehicles from that period
                    as
                    well.
                  • Don
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                      Do we have any Z Model Detectives here ?? Last year I ran unto a
                      school bus and a couple of other models that I bought out of a gum-ball
                      machine. Got the owner to open it and sell me what I wanted. I was
                      never able to find anything more about the models. The box is written
                      in a foreign script which I can not read, but it may be distributed out
                      of the west coast. The only English script is "49" and a photo and an
                      address [The last time I checked I could learn almost nothing as it also
                      is written in a foreign script] www.yujin-net.com The Universal
                      Product Code printed on the box is 4 904790 91968 8 but Google
                      says this is an improper number. The bus is about 1.5 inches long and
                      0.5 inches overall wide. It looks very good with many Z-scale models.
                      If anyone wants a couple of photos of the bus and/or box contact me off
                      line and I'll take a couple. I'm pretty sure I sent this to Loren last
                      year who was going to take a stab at contacting the distributor which I
                      think I traced to San Diego or when he in was in the San Diego are, but
                      that was the weekend Robert left his module out in the sun ...and we all
                      learned that was bad news. Anyway, any sleuths out there might be able
                      to track these down models. We could all benefit as the several models
                      I got were really pretty nice. ...never did try the gum...

                      Don
                      Akron, Ohio - USA

                      --
                    • harbormaster@searails.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                        Please see our Z scale school buses on the bottom of
                        our "VEHICLES" page at www.searails.com. There is also a
                        special offer for advance reservations for the small school
                        bus, and an additional offer for specific sideboard decals.

                        Thanks for supporting Z scale.

                        Jim
                        Harbormaster@...
                        Rail Served Heavy Industry Models
                        Valley Ford, CA 94972
                        1-800-929-3361
                      • Ellen
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                          Arie

                          It was Arrowhead--I bought a whole fleet from him. I would say they
                          qualify as 70's buses. They look just what I drove back then--and
                          better than what I drive now. If I were you I'd contact him direct
                          and ask

                          Ellen
                          Indianapolis

                          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Phil" <philaun@y...> wrote:

                          > Arie,
                          >
                          > Arrowhead Scale Models used to make a bus, but now I don't see it
                          in
                          > his store. It's possible that he might have run out, and may be in
                          > the process of making more. He does have other vehicles for the
                          > 40's/50's and 80's that you might like. The only store that I know
                          > for him right off is on the ole auction site.
                          >
                          > http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models
                          >
                          > You might try emailing him to see if he has any that he's working
                          on.

                          > Later,
                          >
                          > Phil
                          >

                          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Arie Knoops" <ariek@p...> wrote:
                          > >

                          > > So the questions are who makes the American 1970s
                          > > school bus, and also who makes utility vehicles from that period
                          > as
                          > well.

                        • Arie Knoops
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                            I'd like to thank everyone who responded. Yes it was arrowhead that I was
                            thinking of, that he's on ebay totally blanked out of my mind. Jim are you
                            taking advance orders for your new bus?
                          • harbormaster@searails.com
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                              Yes, advance reservations are being accepted for one each of
                              a Limited Edition of 100 PAINTED sets of five (5) School
                              Buses offerred for $50.00 each set at the bottom of;

                              http://www.searails.com/pages/948172/index.htm

                              School Buses cast in School Bus Yellow will be avialable in
                              sets of five (5) after the first of the year. UNpainted for
                              US$25.00

                              Addionally, if an order is placed for one of the Limited
                              Edition sets, sideboard decals of words and logo image are
                              available as an additional purchase.

                              Jim
                              Harbormaster@...
                              Rail Served Heavy Industry Models
                              Valley Ford, CA 94972
                              1-800-929-3361
                            • Dave Hjortnaes
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                                Dear Arie:

                                I got one of those school busses. It has not arrived yet, but I got
                                one and someone else got one.
                                The e-bay number was 5943251595, so if you punch that number in you
                                will see the bus again and who I bought it from.

                                I think you are right in that he had other vehicles as well.

                                dave h.
                              • sndbyte@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
                                  Yujin is Japanese company that makes small candy and gashapon (gumball
                                  machine) toys. I don't know where to purchase the type you saw. You might be
                                  able to find them through a hobby or toy site that deals in Japanese
                                  collectibles.

                                  Tomy (another Japanese company) is well know for their N-scale bus models
                                  that came out in Japan. The cost about $2 or $3 dollars are highly detailed.