doubleslip circuitry

  • Dale Halterman
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30 5:44 PM
      I am working on laying out the electrical blocks on my layout. I need to
      know if a doubleslip is all live like a regular turnout or if it is
      power routing. If it is all live then it would seem to me that it would
      be necessary to isolate all four ends of the turnout and treat it as a
      separate block. Any information will be appreciated. Dale
    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30 8:12 PM
        Hello Dale,

        The best investment for doing any kind of wiring is a multi-meter.
        I bought one from Radio Shack years ago for $10.00 and it is
        all I need to find out whether things are making a circuit or not.
        Once you use this tool on your double slip switch you will find
        out exactly how it is wired and can plan your isolations accordingly.

        Really, it's all you need for understanding how something is hooked up.

        Best regards,
        Reynard

        Dale Halterman wrote:

        > I am working on laying out the electrical blocks on my layout. I need
        > know if a doubleslip is all live like a regular turnout or if it is
        > power routing. If it is all live then it would seem to me that it
        > would
        > be necessary to isolate all four ends of the turnout and treat it as a
        >
        > separate block. Any information will be appreciated. Dale

      • Robert Allbritton
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31 7:37 AM
          I agree: get a multimeter.

          But for a more direct answer to the question: Marklin double slips are all
          live. Its one big happy circuit.

          Best,
          -Rob

          www.z220.com