Re: [z_scale] opinions on f units

  • bjkronen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 28, 2001
      Scott:

      > >No, I'm not going to buy an optical tachometer to find out the motor
      rpm's.
      > ><grin>
      >
      > Wouldn't your average oscilliscope work? I've always looked for a reason
      > to plunk several hundred dollars down on bench test equipment. Think
      > we've found one? :-)

      Well, yes, provided your *average* oscilloscope you refer to was made in
      recent times, complete with internal functions to **accurately** measure time
      or frequency of a displayed waveform. But sadly, that price is way too low
      for an **accurate** scope these days.

      Since way too much of my limited spendable dollars goes into trains, my
      current scope is something even the pawn/recycle shops would turn down as
      obsolete. It's just great for finding "glitches" and seeing waveforms, but
      far, far from "full featured". Perhaps I'll do better when the kids get out
      of College in 2015 or so.....<grin>.

      Regards,
      Bill Kronenberger
      Houston