Re: [z_scale] track joiners

  • Jay & Anne Greer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2001
      Hi Dale,
      I have never soldered my joints, preferring to depend on mechanical
      fasteners. Others who have, comment that they end up with uneven track with
      changes in temperature due to expansion and contraction of the rail
      material. Electronic supply houses offer temperature controlled soldering
      irons with replaceable tips. It is well worth the investment to get one.
      Even better is a resistance soldering set up but it is pricey!
      Best of success to you with your project.
      Jay Greer/Der Wegmann