Can Anyone Identify This... Nub?

  • jcubbin@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28 11:24 AM
      Hi,

      I recently purchased a Marklin 8858 electric locomotive. I was just
      kind of curious what this is or was:

      http://www.istreamnetwork.com/trains/MysteryNub.jpg

      It's a small nub, for lack of a better term, that looks like something
      was there but was broken off. On the other end of the locomotive there
      is a small extrusion in the same place but it looks more "finished".

      If anyone has an 8858 and could look at theirs and let me know what
      this is or was, I'd appreciate it.

      Thanks
      John