Need your suggestions for train shows in Europe!

  • jmac_han@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2001
      Hi Gang,

      The game is afoot! The Val Ease Central has lined up a major
      sponsor to help get the layout to Europe to participate in a model
      train show or exhibition.

      The VEC doesn't care what the weather is like during the train
      show but it's helpers do ;-)

      If I had known earlier of the May 2001 show in Göppingen, I
      would have made plans to see our European friends this Spring.
      Too late! And November seems too much like the weather we
      get here in Toronto! Gotta get away from that...so Spring is our
      preference.

      We need your suggestions for train shows and events that you
      know of in Germany, France, Switzerland, Holland or Benelux
      that take place in the Spring of 2002.

      Any details that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey MacHan
      CEO - Val Ease Central Railroad
    • FR.model@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26, 2001
        jmac_han@... schrieb:
        > Hi Gang,

        > If I had known earlier of the May 2001 show in Göppingen, I
        > would have made plans to see our European friends this Spring.
        > Too late! And November seems too much like the weather we
        > get here in Toronto! Gotta get away from that...so Spring is our
        > preference.

        Jeffry,

        too late ? There are more than six weeks! What is the problem ?

        > We need your suggestions for train shows and events that you
        > know of in Germany, France, Switzerland, Holland or Benelux
        > that take place in the Spring of 2002.

        If you prefer shows to see much for Z-scale Göppingen is the best in spring. May
        in Southern Germany is wonderful. Another show is Dortmund Westphalenhalle. It
        is a very big show for all parts of model craftsmanship but not so good in
        Z-scale. It is in April. Another good show for Z-modeler is Sinsheim. This show
        is the first for the public after the commercial Nurnberg toy fair. This show is
        in early March. All other German shows in spring you can forget. It is not worth
        to come there from the States.

        My suggestion: If you can not come to Göppingen this May -> move to May 2003.
        Sinsheim 2002 is a good show but early March is too early for good weather
        especially in this year !

        I will go with my booth to Göppingen 2001 and 2003 and probably Sinsheim 2002.

        Best,

        Harald
      • ddechamp71@yahoo.fr
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2001
          --- In z_scale@y..., jmac_han@h... wrote:
          > Hi Gang,
          >
          > The game is afoot! The Val Ease Central has lined up a major
          > sponsor to help get the layout to Europe to participate in a model
          > train show or exhibition.
          >
          > The VEC doesn't care what the weather is like during the train
          > show but it's helpers do ;-)
          >
          > If I had known earlier of the May 2001 show in Göppingen, I
          > would have made plans to see our European friends this Spring.
          > Too late! And November seems too much like the weather we
          > get here in Toronto! Gotta get away from that...so Spring is our
          > preference.
          >
          > We need your suggestions for train shows and events that you
          > know of in Germany, France, Switzerland, Holland or Benelux
          > that take place in the Spring of 2002.
          >
          > Any details that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Jeffrey MacHan
          > CEO - Val Ease Central Railroad

          Jeffrey, each year a show stands in Paris, showing radiocommand model
          planes, boats, cars, and of course modelrailroading. It usually
          stands on the first half of April, during 7-10 days. If you are
          interested for showing the VEC in 2002(in my case, I`m very
          interested to see it!), I could try to contact the management of this
          show. And on the other hand, on each november, there is a show more
          precisely dedicated to narrow gauge modelrailroading, Expometric. But
          some of the layouts standing there are standard gauge layouts (mostly
          HO). I think it could be interresting for you.
          Cheers
          Dominique de Champeaux
        • Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t-online.de
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 27, 2001
            Dear Jeff,

            well, there are several model train shows in Europe in spring 2002.
            As far I know, there are at least the following shows:
            - Exhibition "Fascination Modellbau" in Sinsheim (Germany near
            Heidelberg) from March 21st -24th 2002.
            - Exhibition in Dortmund (Germany near Cologne) in April.
            - Exhibition in Goeppingen Maerklin-sponsored (Germany near Stuttgart)
            in May.

            There also may be an exhibition in Maastricht (Netherland) in March as there was
            this year. May be, some dutch friends know more details.

            Also, there is usually a special exhibition of American models in Switzerland,
            but I have no date for this show in 2002. May be, that somebody else of the net
            can give you details. Also, I try to get more details, because I like to visit.

            The exhibition in Sinsheim may be of some special interest to you. At this show,
            the 2nd meeting of US Railroad Fans takes place, where US modelers meet and
            show their US Rail Road layouts. This event takes place every two years. Last
            year, about 10 US style layouts were presented. However, no scale Z layout.

            I am already invited to attend this show to present my little layout (and to
            represent scale Z).
            It would be very exiting to meet you there. Also we may organize a get-to-gether
            of scale Z fans at this show similar to the fine meeting of scale Z fans we had
            at this show this year at my "booth".
            If you like to get in contact with the organizer of the US railroad show in
            Sinsheim, please e-mail to: zdfmarl@.... It may be of some help for
            translation purposes, if you put me on the copy-to line of your e-mail. I met
            Dr. Werner Zuendorf, the organizing manager, this year in Sinsheim.

            Greetings

            Dieter

            jmac_han@... schrieb:
            > Hi Gang,
            >
            > The game is afoot! The Val Ease Central has lined up a major
            > sponsor to help get the layout to Europe to participate in a model
            > train show or exhibition.
            >
            > The VEC doesn't care what the weather is like during the train
            > show but it's helpers do ;-)
            >
            > If I had known earlier of the May 2001 show in Göppingen, I
            > would have made plans to see our European friends this Spring.
            > Too late! And November seems too much like the weather we
            > get here in Toronto! Gotta get away from that...so Spring is our
            > preference.
            >
            > We need your suggestions for train shows and events that you
            > know of in Germany, France, Switzerland, Holland or Benelux
            > that take place in the Spring of 2002.
            >
            > Any details that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Jeffrey MacHan
            > CEO - Val Ease Central Railroad

            Dieter W. Nolte
            E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...
          • FR.model@t-online.de
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 28, 2001
              Dieter_Mac_Nolte@... schrieb:

              > Also, there is usually a special exhibition of American models in
              > Switzerland,
              > but I have no date for this show in 2002. May be, that somebody else of the
              > net
              > can give you details. Also, I try to get more details, because I like to
              > visit.

              Dieter, Jeff,

              this is Adliswill near Zuerich around October 10th each second year. It has been
              in 2000. Next is 2002 ( as far as I know ).

              Harald