Z scale software

  • aquadave99
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
      Hello fellow z scalerz!

      I have recently joined the z scale community and have not yet searched
      through all the posts!
      due to this and my lack of time i was wondering if anyone could give
      me info on the best software for the PC to design a z scale layout,
      and where i can buy/get it from! I do have autocad if that helps!

      any info would be greatly appreciated!

      many thanks

      aquadave.
    • Uwe Liermann
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
        Hello aquadave (??),

        > I have recently joined the z scale community

        Welcome aboard... :-)

        > and have not yet searched through all the posts!

        this is really worth the time, and especially the file section of this
        group holds a lot of information.

        > the best software for the PC to design a z scale layout [...] I do
        > have autocad if that helps!

        the best software...
        well... that's in the eye of the user...

        I use Raily 4 http://www.enigon.com/products/raily/ and I like it.
        Other software is xtracad, and Wintrack and lots more. They all have
        the Z-scale tracks in their inventory. Some are free of costs, other
        you have to pay for, so each and any option is open for you. It really
        depends on your personal preferences, including what you want to do. I
        don't need the ability to simulate running trains on my software, but
        this is a feature of most of the software too (including Raily 4, I
        just don't use it).

        As for Autocad and other CAD software, I belive you can find the
        necessary librarys there too.

        --
        GreetingZ
        Uwe