Re: MTL Reruns - Husky's

  • Stephen Moore
    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 31, 2005
      I actually made a phone call to pacer. I told them i was doing some
      research(which is true) and inquired if they had in their inventory,
      any 48' Gunderson Husky. Eventually I was connected to Customer
      service, and after being on hold for over 30 minutes, then to the
      equipment management team, then refered to the manager of fleet
      control, they said, "all 48' are hyndai or tip, no gundersons. They
      have some flat aluminums but are currently getting rid of them."

      With all that said, I would still like to see MTL release the same
      well car, but with different containers, especially corugated sides,
      regardless of size.

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@y...> wrote:

      > Stephen,
      >
      > I have been doing some online homework with Pacer Stacktrain. In
      all
      > of their workings I have yet to spot a 48' Gunderson Husky in their
      > colors. From what I can tell is that they have 2 types of 53'
      > Containers. One is standard with 102" height and the other is 110"
      in
      > height and is signified by it's corners painted red. Pacer
      Stacktrain
      > has two types of container cars. The 53' Gunderson Husky and the
      53'
      > Thrall Well car. For MTL to make a Gunderson Husky in Pacer
      Stacktrain
      > they would have to re-tool their 48' Gunderson to handle a 53'
      > container. I am all for this but I can hear it now, "it will be
      > toooooo long and won't negotiate tight curves!"
      >
      > I have brought this topic up before about the Huskys and actually
      had
      > someone send me a photo of a 48' Husky in Pacer Stacktrain paint
      > scheme. The only problem was this, it was not a photo of an actual
      > Husky only a model of one. If you have any photos of a 48' Husky
      in
      > Pacer's paint scheme, please send it to me. I too like the
      colors. I
      > already make 53' rib containers with Pacer Stacktrain decals. Look
      > real nice. If I knew they had a 48' Gunderson Husky I will re-
      paint
      > some of my TTX Husky's into Pacer Stacktrain.
      >
      > I invite anyone reading this to find a photo of a 48' Gunderson
      Husky

      <katherinesdaddy@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > ahh. ok. that makes sense. especially about the railbox. on the
      husky
      > > stacks. I think the reason ttx and rerun of ttx sold so well, is
      > > because they are universal, and not particular to one railroad.
      So
      > > the next logical best seller of the husky stacks would be pacer
      stack.
      > > That may not be the next release, but i would be willing to bet,
      it
      > > would be one of the high sellers, since it is seen everywhere
      amongst
      > > all railroads. I would also like to see normal containers instead
      of
      > > high, to be in future releases with the gundersen well.

    • Loren Snyder
      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 31, 2005
        Joe,

        Haven't you ever heard the words to the song........"You always hurt the one
        you love,.......the one you shouldn't hurt at all....."

        We all love you!!