XTrkCad registration

  • douwedonhaga
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
      Hi,

      I was wondering if someone can help me out. I downloaded XTrkCad and
      layed 50 pieces of track and it wouldn't let me go further. I like the
      program and tried to register but could not find a place to enter
      the "open" registration # they post on the website.

      There is a place in the help area that you are supposed to be able to
      click that should take me to a registration form but the "hot" text
      does not seem to work. I am running windows XP pro. Anyone else have
      this issue?

      If I mail the registration fee will they mail me with a method to get
      the full function ? I don't mind paying but want to make sure that if
      I pay I will get the program to work.

      Thanks,
      Don Haga
    • bill.foote
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
        It sounds as if something has got corrupted - I have never
        had any problems

        I would suggest that you uninstall your present copy, then
        download afresh and reinstall

        Bill Foote <http://freespace.virgin.net/bill.foote>

        P.S. If you pay for a personal code all you will get is
        different data to be input in exactly the same way as the
        "Open" case

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
          Hi Bill,

          Thanks for the quick reply. Just did the uninstall and download and
          new install and have the same issue. When I click on "registration
          dialog" I don't get the window that they show on the website. The
          missing window has a place to enter a name and reg. #. It looks like
          their may be some files missing in the download.

          I'll keep trying.

          Thanks,
          Don Haga

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
            A stupid question, maybe, but you are downloading from
            www.sillub.com, rather than from SourceForge, are you not?

            Bill Foote <http://freespace.virgin.net/bill.foote>

            > Thanks for the quick reply. Just did the uninstall and
            > download and
            > new install and have the same issue. When I click on
            > "registration
            > dialog" I don't get the window that they show on the
            > website. The
            > missing window has a place to enter a name and reg. #. It
            > looks like
            > their may be some files missing in the download.
            >
            > I'll keep trying.
          • douwedonhaga
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
              Hi Bill,

              Yup, I am loading from www.sillub.com. It looks like, at least, one
              file that has .key as an extension is missing. I just started
              prowling on SourceForge to see if I could locate individual files. I
              thought I saw a place with the list of files that should be in the
              zip file.

              Thanks,
              Don

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "bill.foote" <bill.foote@v...> wrote:

              > A stupid question, maybe, but you are downloading from
              > www.sillub.com, rather than from SourceForge, are you not?
              >
              > Bill Foote <http://freespace.virgin.net/bill.foote>

            • bill.foote
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
                NO - the download from www.sillub.com is one single file,
                not multiple files (and it is NOT a "zip" file - it is a
                "self installing EXE" file)

                "key" files are generated when you input your name and
                registration code

                So, DELETE any ".key" files you have created and try again