Accessing "Files" and using the Search function on Onelist.com

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 1999
      GreetingZ EarthlinZ,

      A member has asked...

      How to access the "Who Are We" folder:

      Every one who becomes a member of the Z_Scale list has registered with
      Onelist.com. As a result, when you use your web browser to visit the
      Onelist.com web site, you will be asked to sign on with your email address
      and your password. If you check the box on the home page that asks if you
      want Onelist.com to remember you, you will not have to type in your sign in
      information. The Welcome page will present an active link called "My
      Onelist".

      When you click on "My Onelist", Onelist.com will display a list of all of
      the Onelist.com communities or mailing lists of which you are a member.
      Obviously, if you are receiving this message, you are a member of Z_Scale
      and it will be listed on the member page. The member page allows you to
      modify the mailing settings for the communities of which you are a member.

      Click on the underlined "Z_Scale" link. This link will take you to the
      member page where you will see a list of functions available to you. One of
      the functions is entitled "Files". This link used to be called "Shared
      Files" until Onelist.com did some renovating of their web interface.

      Click on the "Files" link. It will open a page that contains all of the
      available "Folders" that have been created on Z_Scale. Among the other
      entries, you will find "WhoAreWe". Click on this link to see the list of
      member introduction files that have been uploaded to this folder. After
      consulting one of these files, use the <Back> button to return to the list
      of member intros.

      Check out the other folders and their contents. For new members, it is
      interesting reading to look over the previous messages to the group that are
      listed in the "Messages" link.

      The Search Function:

      Use the search function to find references to topics in the message
      archives. For example, a member was interested in a reference to Nn3
      turnouts by Republic Locomotive Works. Using the key word "Republic"
      brought up 3 message digests where "Republic" was used. The same search
      function can be used to find messages posted by a member, just enter the
      name of the member in the search field and all the digests which contain any
      messages from the member will be listed.

      Explore the Onelist.com functions and explore the information that is
      available in the "Files" section of Z_Scale.

      Jeffrey MacHan
      Listowner, moderator and
      CEO VEC