Centerflow (R) 3 and 4 bay covered hoppers

  • Allan Borg
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
      Hello All,
      I just wanted to lay out an offer for some more of my covered hoppers
      which I now have 3 bays available as well as 4 bays. Prices for either
      will be $25.95 each painted and assembled without couplers or trucks,
      or 5 packs for $125. Sorry I can't provide the roller bearing trucks
      but I can't buy Wholesale so the cost would have to be an additional
      amount equal to the trucks.
      I will make the cars to order as needed and are with standard decals
      for ACFX unless a custom road is wanted. Time for delivery is approx. 2-
      3 weeks and can be ordered with PayPal preferred or money orders.
      $7.00 additional charge for packing and postage per 5 pack.
      Thanks for being there for my product and for those of you who ordered
      the sample kits I will be packing and sending your completion parts
      soon.
      Allan Borg
      SuZee Line Rail Models
    • Tom Fisher
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
        Have you posted photos of your assembled and painted
        hoppers?

        --- Allan Borg <themohican2003@...> wrote:

        > Hello All,
        > I just wanted to lay out an offer for some more of
        > my covered hoppers
        > which I now have 3 bays available as well as 4 bays.
        > Prices for either
        > will be $25.95 each painted and assembled without
        > couplers or trucks,
        > or 5 packs for $125. Sorry I can't provide the
        > roller bearing trucks
        > but I can't buy Wholesale so the cost would have to
        > be an additional
        > amount equal to the trucks.
        > I will make the cars to order as needed and are with
        > standard decals
        > for ACFX unless a custom road is wanted. Time for
        > delivery is approx. 2-
        > 3 weeks and can be ordered with PayPal preferred or
        > money orders.
        > $7.00 additional charge for packing and postage per
        > 5 pack.
        > Thanks for being there for my product and for those
        > of you who ordered
        > the sample kits I will be packing and sending your
        > completion parts
        > soon.
        > Allan Borg
        > SuZee Line Rail Models

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • GordonWerner
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
          Tom ... in the photos section in the Centerflow Hoppers folder

          Gordon.

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Tom Fisher <tfisher10@y...> wrote:
          > Have you posted photos of your assembled and painted
          > hoppers?
          >
          > --- Allan Borg <themohican2003@y...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hello All,
          > > I just wanted to lay out an offer for some more of
          > > my covered hoppers
          > > which I now have 3 bays available as well as 4 bays.
          > > Prices for either
          > > will be $25.95 each painted and assembled without
          > > couplers or trucks,
          > > or 5 packs for $125. Sorry I can't provide the
          > > roller bearing trucks
          > > but I can't buy Wholesale so the cost would have to
          > > be an additional
          > > amount equal to the trucks.
          > > I will make the cars to order as needed and are with
          > > standard decals
          > > for ACFX unless a custom road is wanted. Time for
          > > delivery is approx. 2-
          > > 3 weeks and can be ordered with PayPal preferred or
          > > money orders.
          > > $7.00 additional charge for packing and postage per
          > > 5 pack.
          > > Thanks for being there for my product and for those
          > > of you who ordered
          > > the sample kits I will be packing and sending your
          > > completion parts
          > > soon.
          > > Allan Borg
          > > SuZee Line Rail Models
          > >

          > __________________________________
          > http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Tom Fisher
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 5, 2005
            The photos are a bit old and seem to be of
            pre-production cars. I wonder whether they are really
            representative of the current product. They could be;
            I'm just not sure.

            Maybe Allan can advise.

            __________________________________
            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • patrick_tansey
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 5, 2005
              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Tom Fisher <tfisher10@y...> wrote:
              > The photos are a bit old and seem to be of
              > pre-production cars. I wonder whether they are really
              > representative of the current product. They could be;
              > I'm just not sure.
              >
              > Maybe Allan can advise.

              Tom,

              A couple of weeks ago I put a photo in the Pat's Z Misc folder (photo
              has the title: ABCHK) [Allan Borg Centerflow Hopper Kit]. It is from
              the first kit of Allan's that I put together several weeks ago. Not
              my best effort, and I'll update the photo once I get a few completed
              to my satisfaction. I could have done a better job on the brass
              pieces, and will do so one the next ones, as I currently have 6 total
              kits. Bought the original offered kit many months ago and then the 5
              kit pack that Allan offered a month or so ago.

              Please note several issues concerning the photo: 1) the model shown
              does not yet have the decals supplied by Allan, as I was waiting to
              get the proper color/brand of paint recommended by Allan, and 2) the
              color and brand of paint recommended by Allan (which I have since
              acquired) I personally believe does not look as good as this lighter
              color. Allan's suggested paint is a darker gray and quite shiny and
              I'll need to apply a dull coat to eliminate the sheen (and then apply
              the decals).

              I'll in the next couple of days to update with a new photo of a
              completed kit with the recommended color and the supplied decals.

              All in all, I'm happy with the kits as they offer something not
              currently available in Z.

              ...Pat
            • Allan Borg
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 5, 2005
                > A couple of weeks ago I put a photo in the Pat's Z Misc folder
                (photo
                > has the title: ABCHK) [Allan Borg Centerflow Hopper Kit]. It is
                from
                > the first kit of Allan's that I put together several weeks ago.
                Not
                > my best effort, and I'll update the photo once I get a few
                completed
                > to my satisfaction. I could have done a better job on the brass
                > pieces, and will do so one the next ones, as I currently have 6
                total
                > kits. Bought the original offered kit many months ago and then the
                5
                > kit pack that Allan offered a month or so ago.
                >
                > Please note several issues concerning the photo: 1) the model shown
                > does not yet have the decals supplied by Allan, as I was waiting to
                > get the proper color/brand of paint recommended by Allan, and 2)
                the
                > color and brand of paint recommended by Allan (which I have since
                > acquired) I personally believe does not look as good as this
                lighter
                > color. Allan's suggested paint is a darker gray and quite shiny
                and
                > I'll need to apply a dull coat to eliminate the sheen (and then
                apply
                > the decals).
                >
                > I'll in the next couple of days to update with a new photo of a
                > completed kit with the recommended color and the supplied decals.
                >
                > All in all, I'm happy with the kits as they offer something not
                > currently available in Z.
                >
                > ...Pat

                Thanks for the kind review Pat, as I recommended using Scalecoat II
                in U.P. hopper grey, I have it in spray can form and didn't find it
                in jars. It does stink and is shiny when dry, which is good for
                applying decals, but final overcoat should be some dulling coat for
                natural appearance. I have to assemble some of my new castings which
                I had to remold, the rubber gets dried out and the parts won't
                separate without adding some mold release. I stopped using mold
                release spray because paint refused to adhere to the plastic, so I
                just make new molds when their time is used up.
                When I get the new hoppers together I will take photos of them for
                display and put the old and new side by side.
                Allan Borg