Re: [Z_Scale] Help - Need source for Marklin part

  • Ed Dalman
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
      Hi John, A long time ago I needed some Marklin info and I got the following contact name:

      Tom Catherall
      2410 S. State St.
      Springville, UT. 844663
      (801) 489-8971
      work: 422-4991
      fax: (801) 422-0557
      E-mail: tom@...

      I hope, that Tom can help you

      Take care.

      Ed Dalman
      Lakeside, CA

      John Grindlinger <jbgrindy@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone, I was hoping somebody could point me in the right
      direction. I recently received a Marklin, B&O F7 AB unit. To my
      dismay, the coupler pin and part of the B unit "gear tower were broken
      off and nowhere to be found. I hope I am describing this correctly.
      This is the part that attaches to the chassis and connects to the
      wheel side frames. It is the same part on both the powered A units and
      the dummy B units only the powered part has the electrical contacts
      and wheel wipers attatched to it. I could use either version. I have
      had no luck at my local Marklin dealers. If anyone can help me with
      this it would be greatly appreciated.

      John Grindlinger

      Model railroad train G scale model train Ho scale model train Model train n scale Scale model train Z scale model train

      ---------------------------------

    • GordonWerner
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
        or visit them online at http://www.helmutshobbies.com/

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, ztrack@a... wrote:
        > John,
        >
        > You may want to try Helmuts Hobby Specialties. The our the best Märklin Z
        > scale service facility and can easily repair locos as well as obtain parts. Their
        > ad appears on page 11 of the latest Ztrack. The phone number is 540 349 4910.
        > Good luck!
        >
        > Rob Kluz
        >

        > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        > 6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        > Dublin, OH 43016
        > phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
        > http://www.ztrack.com/
        > Distributor for American Z Line

      • Graham Jones
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
          Hello from the UK

          Make sure you order the correct bogie unit as the pickups are
          different at each end as to the bogies on the unpowered B unit they
          are exactly the same as each other and the ones in the A end only
          without the pickups fitted. A silly thought order a pair and you
          will get the correct one plus a spare for either the other end or
          either of the B units.
          If you are still having a problem sourcing the unit let me know
          which end you want and I will be able to supply one for you only it
          will take a couple of weeks to arrive in the states

          Cheers

          Graham
          ZClubGB

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Uwe Liermann <maillist@f...> wrote:
          > Hello John,
          >
          > > the coupler pin and part of the B unit "gear tower were broken
          > > off
          >
          > > This is the part that attaches to the chassis and connects to the
          > > wheel side frames. It is the same part on both the powered A
          units
          > > and the dummy B units [...] I have had no luck at my local
          Marklin
          > > dealers.
          >
          > Do you mean, that he couldn't find the part#, or can't he order it?
          >
          > For the first version you can go to the (German) Maerklin website:
          >
          > http://www.maerklin.de/service/?redirect=explo.php
          >
          > and there you will have to go to Z twice...
          >
          > then you get a list of a lot of engines where you can choose your
          F7
          > (or as far as I found just take one of them, because they are
          > (mostly?) similar below the colour...). Then you will get an explo
          > drawing as a pdf file, and a (German) parts list, and you can
          choose
          > from a menu on the right side the needed parts, and print a list
          for
          > your dealer.
          >
          > I found only three different links for the F7s:
          >
          > 8809 and 8819 gets a pdf for a version with a:
          >
          > Lok front Mittelwagen Lok hinten
          >
          > I believe it means those #s where ABA sets.
          >
          > 8860, 8861 and 8862 gets a pdf for just the A-unit
          >
          > 88321, 88604, 88605 and 88606 shows a "no explo" link, and a
          > parts menu for the light bulb and the brushes.
          >
          > 81830 leads to the parts list for the F7 in the super deluxe start
          > set...
          >
          > If only your local dealers can't order it, I belive you will have
          > find a better one... :-(
          > Since I don't know where you are from, I don't know which one is
          to be
          > mentioned. For the US i often heard about the Stiskas in Florida,
          > maybe they can help...
          >
          > HTH
          >
          > --
          > GreetingZ
          > Uwe
        • John Grindlinger
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
            Actually it is the unpowered B unit that needs replacing. I believe
            that both parts are the same. Thanks for the offer. If I can't find
            a dealer in the US who can get it I'll take you up on your offer.