1880's - 1890's

  • Fred Ladd
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005
      John and other Pufferbellies,
      I too am working on a very early RR layout. Western style. Keep us
      posted on your progress. I'll show you mine if I can see yours.
      Annonomous- Fred
    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005
        Hello Fred,

        Many of our products are designed to fit this era
        while others are meant for the transition period.
        Checkout our 1888 Capital City Depot, Metal Foundry,
        buckboards, Crossing Watchman's Tower and our Yard Buildings.
        All will fit nicely in the 1880 to 1898 period.

        best regards,
        Reynard
        http://www.micronart.com
        On Monday, October 3, 2005, at 03:58 PM, Fred Ladd wrote:

        > John and other Pufferbellies,
        > I too am working on a very early RR layout. Western style. Keep us
        > posted on your progress. I'll show you mine if I can see yours.
        > Annonomous- Fred
        >

        > -Z- WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE!  Highly addictive in Small DoseZ!

        <image.tiff>

        <image.tiff>

        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > +  Visit your group "z_scale" on the web.

        <image.tiff>

      • Allan Miller
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005
          Way to go, Fred! Mid- to late-19th century modeling is definitely the
          most neglected area in the hobby in most scales, and certainly in Z.
          That, in large part, is what makes it such an interesting and enticing
          challenge.

          In my opinion, Marklin deserves a whole lot of credit for taking a
          chance and introducing at least a couple of early-period models. I
          have no idea how well they sold, but I can guarantee that I'll
          continue buying whatever they produce in that line--locomotives and
          rolling stock alike.

          Like you, I've been considering a Western theme for my planned layout,
          but I have a hard time breaking away from my own midwest roots and the
          spectacular fall colors. I'm still in the planning stage for that
          pike though, so there's still time to make a firm decision.