Re: New Z Scale Page

  • Lionel Gazeau
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Amick" <aa5821@s...> wrote:
      > Lionel,
      >
      > Outstanding work, sir!
      >
      > Take this stuff and go get your "Master Builder - Structures" merit
      > award from NMRA (unless you already have it).
      >
      > Very inspiring!
      >
      > Adam

      Thank you for the compliment Sir.

      No, I don't have it, never even thought about it, wouldn't know how to
      go about getting it.

      To tell you the truth Adam, I didn't even know such a thing existed
      !!! Do I have to join the Boy's Scouts to get my merit badge? :>)

      Lionel
    • Lionel Gazeau
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
        > Tom Browning is leading the effort down here among us Z scalers in
        > pursuing MMR (Master Model Railroader). To date he has been
        > awarded "Model Railroad Author" (of which some of the work appeared
        > in ZTrack Magazine), and is two structured shy of achieving "Master
        > Builder - Structures".
        >
        > To date all his structures have been scratch-built and Z scale, and
        > two of these have been 4-foot scratch-built models of the Pecos
        > River Bridge (the first one over 700 pieces, and the new one @1500
        > pieces!).
        >
        > I could see you knocking out this category in short order. If you
        > have any questions, shoot me an email or contact Tom. I'm sure he'd
        > be happy to help.
        >
        > Adam

        Thank you for all the info Adam, I do believe I'll look into it and I
        appreciate your faith in my modeling.
        Although I am not new to either Z scale or railroading it has only
        been recently that people have been able to see my work. My goal is to
        inspire others to try their hand at scratch building, to that effect
        entering a few contests and shows would be a good thing.

        Is there a place where I can see some of Tom's work? and where is
        "down here"?

        Sincerely
        Lionel