Re: New Z Scale Page

  • Lionel Gazeau
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Amick" <aa5821@s...> wrote:
      > Lionel,
      >
      > Outstanding work, sir!
      >
      > Take this stuff and go get your "Master Builder - Structures" merit
      > award from NMRA (unless you already have it).
      >
      > Very inspiring!
      >
      > Adam

      Thank you for the compliment Sir.

      No, I don't have it, never even thought about it, wouldn't know how to
      go about getting it.

      To tell you the truth Adam, I didn't even know such a thing existed
      !!! Do I have to join the Boy's Scouts to get my merit badge? :>)

      Lionel
    • Adam Amick
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
        Below is a link to the Master Model Railroader Achievement Program
        on the NMRA's web site (www.nmra.org). You only need to join as an
        Associate Member of the NMRA to participate. What you'd do is join
        your local Division and attend an event. Take your structures with
        you (there's some paperwork and if you can "wow" the judges with
        descriptions and photos of the construction process it helps) and
        they can be judged for points or in contest.

        The achievement program is here:
        http://www.nmra.org/achievement/

        The structures specific category is covered here:
        http://www.nmra.org/achievement/apc3.html

        Tom Browning is leading the effort down here among us Z scalers in
        pursuing MMR (Master Model Railroader). To date he has been
        awarded "Model Railroad Author" (of which some of the work appeared
        in ZTrack Magazine), and is two structured shy of achieving "Master
        Builder - Structures".

        To date all his structures have been scratch-built and Z scale, and
        two of these have been 4-foot scratch-built models of the Pecos
        River Bridge (the first one over 700 pieces, and the new one @1500
        pieces!).

        I could see you knocking out this category in short order. If you
        have any questions, shoot me an email or contact Tom. I'm sure he'd
        be happy to help.

        Adam

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Lionel Gazeau" <zeelionel@c...>
        wrote:
        > I wasn't even aware there was such a thing as a Master Builder
        award from the NMRA, I assume one has to enter quite a few contests
        sponsored by the august group ?
      • Lionel Gazeau
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
          > Tom Browning is leading the effort down here among us Z scalers in
          > pursuing MMR (Master Model Railroader). To date he has been
          > awarded "Model Railroad Author" (of which some of the work appeared
          > in ZTrack Magazine), and is two structured shy of achieving "Master
          > Builder - Structures".
          >
          > To date all his structures have been scratch-built and Z scale, and
          > two of these have been 4-foot scratch-built models of the Pecos
          > River Bridge (the first one over 700 pieces, and the new one @1500
          > pieces!).
          >
          > I could see you knocking out this category in short order. If you
          > have any questions, shoot me an email or contact Tom. I'm sure he'd
          > be happy to help.
          >
          > Adam

          Thank you for all the info Adam, I do believe I'll look into it and I
          appreciate your faith in my modeling.
          Although I am not new to either Z scale or railroading it has only
          been recently that people have been able to see my work. My goal is to
          inspire others to try their hand at scratch building, to that effect
          entering a few contests and shows would be a good thing.

          Is there a place where I can see some of Tom's work? and where is
          "down here"?

          Sincerely
          Lionel