Re: New Z Scale Page

  • Lionel Gazeau
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Amick" <aa5821@s...> wrote:
      > Lionel,
      >
      > Outstanding work, sir!
      >
      > Take this stuff and go get your "Master Builder - Structures" merit
      > award from NMRA (unless you already have it).
      >
      > Very inspiring!
      >
      > Adam

      Thank you for the compliment Sir.

      No, I don't have it, never even thought about it, wouldn't know how to
      go about getting it.

      To tell you the truth Adam, I didn't even know such a thing existed
      !!! Do I have to join the Boy's Scouts to get my merit badge? :>)

      Lionel
    • Lionel Gazeau
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Amick" <aa5821@s...> wrote:
        > Lionel,
        >
        > Outstanding work, sir!
        >
        > Take this stuff and go get your "Master Builder - Structures" merit
        > award from NMRA (unless you already have it).
        >
        > Very inspiring!
        >
        > Adam

        Thank you for the compliment Sir.

        I wasn't even aware there was such a thing as a Master Builder award
        from the NMRA, I assume one has to enter quite a few contests
        sponsored by the august group ?

        Anyway, thanks again, glad you enjoyed it.

        Lionel
      • jim_manley_alpha_six
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
          GreetingZ Lionel and Fellow/Fellowette Wanna-be-like-Lionel ModelerZ,

          Very, very, very outstanding, excellent, incredibly-detailed,
          tongue-in-cheek work! One very, very, very tiny Z scale nit:
          KZZZ/WZZZ is annotated as 1220 on the FM dial - it should either be
          1220 KHz AM, or something between 87.9 and 107.9 MHz FM (centered on
          odd 100 KHz or 0.1 MHz values, and separated by 200 KHz or 0.2 MHz,
          e.g., 87.9, 88.1, 88.3 ... 107.5, 107.7, 107.9 MHz). This
          non-criticizm is coming from someone who has only managed to approach
          your level of accomplishment by building the downloadable Paper Creek
          outhouse, so far :)

          Keep up the great work, sir!

          All Z BeZt,
          Jim

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Lionel Gazeau" <zeelionel@c...> wrote:
          > Hi All
          >
          > Just a note to inform you that I created a new page on my website.
          >
          > Z Scale #3 deals with buildings with character or a story to tell.
          > Some you might have seen before, others are brand new.
          >
          > I'm especially pleased with the Antique Store.
          >
          > Thank you for looking.
          > Lionel, the only Lionel in Z Scale.
          >
          > http://theotherlionel.com
        • Lionel Gazeau
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
            ---
            Indeed you are correct Sir. Goes to show you I don't know my FM from
            AM in the PM.

            Criticism makes me a better modeler. thanks for the compliments.

            Lionel

            In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jim_manley_alpha_six" <jim.manley@g...>
            wrote:
            > GreetingZ Lionel and Fellow/Fellowette Wanna-be-like-Lionel ModelerZ,
            >
            > Very, very, very outstanding, excellent, incredibly-detailed,
            > tongue-in-cheek work! One very, very, very tiny Z scale nit:
            > KZZZ/WZZZ is annotated as 1220 on the FM dial - it should either be
            > 1220 KHz AM, or something between 87.9 and 107.9 MHz FM (centered on
            > odd 100 KHz or 0.1 MHz values, and separated by 200 KHz or 0.2 MHz,
            > e.g., 87.9, 88.1, 88.3 ... 107.5, 107.7, 107.9 MHz). This
            > non-criticizm is coming from someone who has only managed to approach
            > your level of accomplishment by building the downloadable Paper Creek
            > outhouse, so far :)
            >
            > Keep up the great work, sir!
            >
            > All Z BeZt,
            > Jim
            >

            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Lionel Gazeau" <zeelionel@c...> wrote:
            > > Hi All
            > >
            > > Just a note to inform you that I created a new page on my website.
            > >
            > > Z Scale #3 deals with buildings with character or a story to tell.
            > > Some you might have seen before, others are brand new.
            > >
            > > I'm especially pleased with the Antique Store.
            > >
            > > Thank you for looking.
            > > Lionel, the only Lionel in Z Scale.
            > >
            > > http://theotherlionel.com
          • Adam Amick
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
              Below is a link to the Master Model Railroader Achievement Program
              on the NMRA's web site (www.nmra.org). You only need to join as an
              Associate Member of the NMRA to participate. What you'd do is join
              your local Division and attend an event. Take your structures with
              you (there's some paperwork and if you can "wow" the judges with
              descriptions and photos of the construction process it helps) and
              they can be judged for points or in contest.

              The achievement program is here:
              http://www.nmra.org/achievement/

              The structures specific category is covered here:
              http://www.nmra.org/achievement/apc3.html

              Tom Browning is leading the effort down here among us Z scalers in
              pursuing MMR (Master Model Railroader). To date he has been
              awarded "Model Railroad Author" (of which some of the work appeared
              in ZTrack Magazine), and is two structured shy of achieving "Master
              Builder - Structures".

              To date all his structures have been scratch-built and Z scale, and
              two of these have been 4-foot scratch-built models of the Pecos
              River Bridge (the first one over 700 pieces, and the new one @1500
              pieces!).

              I could see you knocking out this category in short order. If you
              have any questions, shoot me an email or contact Tom. I'm sure he'd
              be happy to help.

              Adam

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
                > Tom Browning is leading the effort down here among us Z scalers in
                > pursuing MMR (Master Model Railroader). To date he has been
                > awarded "Model Railroad Author" (of which some of the work appeared
                > in ZTrack Magazine), and is two structured shy of achieving "Master
                > Builder - Structures".
                >
                > To date all his structures have been scratch-built and Z scale, and
                > two of these have been 4-foot scratch-built models of the Pecos
                > River Bridge (the first one over 700 pieces, and the new one @1500
                > pieces!).
                >
                > I could see you knocking out this category in short order. If you
                > have any questions, shoot me an email or contact Tom. I'm sure he'd
                > be happy to help.
                >
                > Adam

                Thank you for all the info Adam, I do believe I'll look into it and I
                appreciate your faith in my modeling.
                Although I am not new to either Z scale or railroading it has only
                been recently that people have been able to see my work. My goal is to
                inspire others to try their hand at scratch building, to that effect
                entering a few contests and shows would be a good thing.

                Is there a place where I can see some of Tom's work? and where is
                "down here"?

                Sincerely
                Lionel