Re: New Z Scale Page

  • Lionel Gazeau
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, David George <dlgeorgesr@y...> wrote:
      > Lionel,
      > Your web site is great and your artwork and Z items are fantastic !
      > Thanks for sharing your handiwork with us.
      >
      > Cordially,
      >
      > Mister Dave
      > "G ~ B & CC R.R."

      Thank you Mr. Dave.

      You will be able to see more of my work at times goes, not only on my
      site but also ZTrack Magazine.

      Lionel
    • Lionel Gazeau
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Amick" <aa5821@s...> wrote:
        > Lionel,
        >
        > Outstanding work, sir!
        >
        > Take this stuff and go get your "Master Builder - Structures" merit
        > award from NMRA (unless you already have it).
        >
        > Very inspiring!
        >
        > Adam

        Thank you for the compliment Sir.

        No, I don't have it, never even thought about it, wouldn't know how to
        go about getting it.

        To tell you the truth Adam, I didn't even know such a thing existed
        !!! Do I have to join the Boy's Scouts to get my merit badge? :>)

        Lionel
      • Dave Hjortnaes
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
          The best part about Lionel's work, is that I have one of those
          structures you see on the web site. The pharmacy is mine, and it is a
          fantastic piece of work. I just wish he could produce more of his
          stuff at a faster pace, but, and I say but, great work takes time, and
          Lionel's is definitely worth the wait.

          Dave H.
        • Lionel Gazeau
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Amick" <aa5821@s...> wrote:
            > Lionel,
            >
            > Outstanding work, sir!
            >
            > Take this stuff and go get your "Master Builder - Structures" merit
            > award from NMRA (unless you already have it).
            >
            > Very inspiring!
            >
            > Adam

            Thank you for the compliment Sir.

            I wasn't even aware there was such a thing as a Master Builder award
            from the NMRA, I assume one has to enter quite a few contests
            sponsored by the august group ?

            Anyway, thanks again, glad you enjoyed it.

            Lionel
          • jim_manley_alpha_six
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
              GreetingZ Lionel and Fellow/Fellowette Wanna-be-like-Lionel ModelerZ,

              Very, very, very outstanding, excellent, incredibly-detailed,
              tongue-in-cheek work! One very, very, very tiny Z scale nit:
              KZZZ/WZZZ is annotated as 1220 on the FM dial - it should either be
              1220 KHz AM, or something between 87.9 and 107.9 MHz FM (centered on
              odd 100 KHz or 0.1 MHz values, and separated by 200 KHz or 0.2 MHz,
              e.g., 87.9, 88.1, 88.3 ... 107.5, 107.7, 107.9 MHz). This
              non-criticizm is coming from someone who has only managed to approach
              your level of accomplishment by building the downloadable Paper Creek
              outhouse, so far :)

              Keep up the great work, sir!

              All Z BeZt,
              Jim

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Lionel Gazeau" <zeelionel@c...> wrote:
              > Hi All
              >
              > Just a note to inform you that I created a new page on my website.
              >
              > Z Scale #3 deals with buildings with character or a story to tell.
              > Some you might have seen before, others are brand new.
              >
              > I'm especially pleased with the Antique Store.
              >
              > Thank you for looking.
              > Lionel, the only Lionel in Z Scale.
              >
              > http://theotherlionel.com
            • Lionel Gazeau
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
                ---
                Indeed you are correct Sir. Goes to show you I don't know my FM from
                AM in the PM.

                Criticism makes me a better modeler. thanks for the compliments.

                Lionel

                In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jim_manley_alpha_six" <jim.manley@g...>
                wrote:
                > GreetingZ Lionel and Fellow/Fellowette Wanna-be-like-Lionel ModelerZ,
                >
                > Very, very, very outstanding, excellent, incredibly-detailed,
                > tongue-in-cheek work! One very, very, very tiny Z scale nit:
                > KZZZ/WZZZ is annotated as 1220 on the FM dial - it should either be
                > 1220 KHz AM, or something between 87.9 and 107.9 MHz FM (centered on
                > odd 100 KHz or 0.1 MHz values, and separated by 200 KHz or 0.2 MHz,
                > e.g., 87.9, 88.1, 88.3 ... 107.5, 107.7, 107.9 MHz). This
                > non-criticizm is coming from someone who has only managed to approach
                > your level of accomplishment by building the downloadable Paper Creek
                > outhouse, so far :)
                >
                > Keep up the great work, sir!
                >
                > All Z BeZt,
                > Jim
                >

                > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Lionel Gazeau" <zeelionel@c...> wrote:
                > > Hi All
                > >
                > > Just a note to inform you that I created a new page on my website.
                > >
                > > Z Scale #3 deals with buildings with character or a story to tell.
                > > Some you might have seen before, others are brand new.
                > >
                > > I'm especially pleased with the Antique Store.
                > >
                > > Thank you for looking.
                > > Lionel, the only Lionel in Z Scale.
                > >
                > > http://theotherlionel.com
              • Adam Amick
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
                  Below is a link to the Master Model Railroader Achievement Program
                  on the NMRA's web site (www.nmra.org). You only need to join as an
                  Associate Member of the NMRA to participate. What you'd do is join
                  your local Division and attend an event. Take your structures with
                  you (there's some paperwork and if you can "wow" the judges with
                  descriptions and photos of the construction process it helps) and
                  they can be judged for points or in contest.

                  The achievement program is here:
                  http://www.nmra.org/achievement/

                  The structures specific category is covered here:
                  http://www.nmra.org/achievement/apc3.html

                  Tom Browning is leading the effort down here among us Z scalers in
                  pursuing MMR (Master Model Railroader). To date he has been
                  awarded "Model Railroad Author" (of which some of the work appeared
                  in ZTrack Magazine), and is two structured shy of achieving "Master
                  Builder - Structures".

                  To date all his structures have been scratch-built and Z scale, and
                  two of these have been 4-foot scratch-built models of the Pecos
                  River Bridge (the first one over 700 pieces, and the new one @1500
                  pieces!).

                  I could see you knocking out this category in short order. If you
                  have any questions, shoot me an email or contact Tom. I'm sure he'd
                  be happy to help.

                  Adam

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
                    > Tom Browning is leading the effort down here among us Z scalers in
                    > pursuing MMR (Master Model Railroader). To date he has been
                    > awarded "Model Railroad Author" (of which some of the work appeared
                    > in ZTrack Magazine), and is two structured shy of achieving "Master
                    > Builder - Structures".
                    >
                    > To date all his structures have been scratch-built and Z scale, and
                    > two of these have been 4-foot scratch-built models of the Pecos
                    > River Bridge (the first one over 700 pieces, and the new one @1500
                    > pieces!).
                    >
                    > I could see you knocking out this category in short order. If you
                    > have any questions, shoot me an email or contact Tom. I'm sure he'd
                    > be happy to help.
                    >
                    > Adam

                    Thank you for all the info Adam, I do believe I'll look into it and I
                    appreciate your faith in my modeling.
                    Although I am not new to either Z scale or railroading it has only
                    been recently that people have been able to see my work. My goal is to
                    inspire others to try their hand at scratch building, to that effect
                    entering a few contests and shows would be a good thing.

                    Is there a place where I can see some of Tom's work? and where is
                    "down here"?

                    Sincerely
                    Lionel