Re: [Z_Scale] New Z Scale Page

  • David George
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
      Lionel,
      Your web site is great and your artwork and Z items are fantastic !
      Thanks for sharing your handiwork with us.

      Cordially,

      Mister Dave
      "G ~ B & CC R.R."

      Lionel Gazeau <zeelionel@...> wrote:
      Hi All

      Just a note to inform you that I created a new page on my website.

      Z Scale #3 deals with buildings with character or a story to tell.
      Some you might have seen before, others are brand new.

      I'm especially pleased with the Antique Store.

      Thank you for looking.
      Lionel, the only Lionel in Z Scale.

      http://theotherlionel.com

      Model railroad train G scale model train Ho scale model train Model train n scale Scale model train Z scale model train

    • Lionel Gazeau
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, David George <dlgeorgesr@y...> wrote:
        > Lionel,
        > Your web site is great and your artwork and Z items are fantastic !
        > Thanks for sharing your handiwork with us.
        >
        > Cordially,
        >
        > Mister Dave
        > "G ~ B & CC R.R."

        Thank you Mr. Dave.

        You will be able to see more of my work at times goes, not only on my
        site but also ZTrack Magazine.

        Lionel
      • Lionel Gazeau
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Amick" <aa5821@s...> wrote:
          > Lionel,
          >
          > Outstanding work, sir!
          >
          > Take this stuff and go get your "Master Builder - Structures" merit
          > award from NMRA (unless you already have it).
          >
          > Very inspiring!
          >
          > Adam

          Thank you for the compliment Sir.

          No, I don't have it, never even thought about it, wouldn't know how to
          go about getting it.

          To tell you the truth Adam, I didn't even know such a thing existed
          !!! Do I have to join the Boy's Scouts to get my merit badge? :>)

          Lionel
        • Dave Hjortnaes
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
            The best part about Lionel's work, is that I have one of those
            structures you see on the web site. The pharmacy is mine, and it is a
            fantastic piece of work. I just wish he could produce more of his
            stuff at a faster pace, but, and I say but, great work takes time, and
            Lionel's is definitely worth the wait.

            Dave H.
          • Lionel Gazeau
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Amick" <aa5821@s...> wrote:
              > Lionel,
              >
              > Outstanding work, sir!
              >
              > Take this stuff and go get your "Master Builder - Structures" merit
              > award from NMRA (unless you already have it).
              >
              > Very inspiring!
              >
              > Adam

              Thank you for the compliment Sir.

              I wasn't even aware there was such a thing as a Master Builder award
              from the NMRA, I assume one has to enter quite a few contests
              sponsored by the august group ?

              Anyway, thanks again, glad you enjoyed it.

              Lionel
            • jim_manley_alpha_six
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
                GreetingZ Lionel and Fellow/Fellowette Wanna-be-like-Lionel ModelerZ,

                Very, very, very outstanding, excellent, incredibly-detailed,
                tongue-in-cheek work! One very, very, very tiny Z scale nit:
                KZZZ/WZZZ is annotated as 1220 on the FM dial - it should either be
                1220 KHz AM, or something between 87.9 and 107.9 MHz FM (centered on
                odd 100 KHz or 0.1 MHz values, and separated by 200 KHz or 0.2 MHz,
                e.g., 87.9, 88.1, 88.3 ... 107.5, 107.7, 107.9 MHz). This
                non-criticizm is coming from someone who has only managed to approach
                your level of accomplishment by building the downloadable Paper Creek
                outhouse, so far :)

                Keep up the great work, sir!

                All Z BeZt,
                Jim

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Lionel Gazeau" <zeelionel@c...> wrote:
                > Hi All
                >
                > Just a note to inform you that I created a new page on my website.
                >
                > Z Scale #3 deals with buildings with character or a story to tell.
                > Some you might have seen before, others are brand new.
                >
                > I'm especially pleased with the Antique Store.
                >
                > Thank you for looking.
                > Lionel, the only Lionel in Z Scale.
                >
                > http://theotherlionel.com
              • Lionel Gazeau
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
                  ---
                  Indeed you are correct Sir. Goes to show you I don't know my FM from
                  AM in the PM.

                  Criticism makes me a better modeler. thanks for the compliments.

                  Lionel

                  In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jim_manley_alpha_six" <jim.manley@g...>
                  wrote:
                  > GreetingZ Lionel and Fellow/Fellowette Wanna-be-like-Lionel ModelerZ,
                  >
                  > Very, very, very outstanding, excellent, incredibly-detailed,
                  > tongue-in-cheek work! One very, very, very tiny Z scale nit:
                  > KZZZ/WZZZ is annotated as 1220 on the FM dial - it should either be
                  > 1220 KHz AM, or something between 87.9 and 107.9 MHz FM (centered on
                  > odd 100 KHz or 0.1 MHz values, and separated by 200 KHz or 0.2 MHz,
                  > e.g., 87.9, 88.1, 88.3 ... 107.5, 107.7, 107.9 MHz). This
                  > non-criticizm is coming from someone who has only managed to approach
                  > your level of accomplishment by building the downloadable Paper Creek
                  > outhouse, so far :)
                  >
                  > Keep up the great work, sir!
                  >
                  > All Z BeZt,
                  > Jim
                  >

                  > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Lionel Gazeau" <zeelionel@c...> wrote:
                  > > Hi All
                  > >
                  > > Just a note to inform you that I created a new page on my website.
                  > >
                  > > Z Scale #3 deals with buildings with character or a story to tell.
                  > > Some you might have seen before, others are brand new.
                  > >
                  > > I'm especially pleased with the Antique Store.
                  > >
                  > > Thank you for looking.
                  > > Lionel, the only Lionel in Z Scale.
                  > >
                  > > http://theotherlionel.com
                • Adam Amick
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
                    Below is a link to the Master Model Railroader Achievement Program
                    on the NMRA's web site (www.nmra.org). You only need to join as an
                    Associate Member of the NMRA to participate. What you'd do is join
                    your local Division and attend an event. Take your structures with
                    you (there's some paperwork and if you can "wow" the judges with
                    descriptions and photos of the construction process it helps) and
                    they can be judged for points or in contest.

                    The achievement program is here:
                    http://www.nmra.org/achievement/

                    The structures specific category is covered here:
                    http://www.nmra.org/achievement/apc3.html

                    Tom Browning is leading the effort down here among us Z scalers in
                    pursuing MMR (Master Model Railroader). To date he has been
                    awarded "Model Railroad Author" (of which some of the work appeared
                    in ZTrack Magazine), and is two structured shy of achieving "Master
                    Builder - Structures".

                    To date all his structures have been scratch-built and Z scale, and
                    two of these have been 4-foot scratch-built models of the Pecos
                    River Bridge (the first one over 700 pieces, and the new one @1500
                    pieces!).

                    I could see you knocking out this category in short order. If you
                    have any questions, shoot me an email or contact Tom. I'm sure he'd
                    be happy to help.

                    Adam

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
                      > Tom Browning is leading the effort down here among us Z scalers in
                      > pursuing MMR (Master Model Railroader). To date he has been
                      > awarded "Model Railroad Author" (of which some of the work appeared
                      > in ZTrack Magazine), and is two structured shy of achieving "Master
                      > Builder - Structures".
                      >
                      > To date all his structures have been scratch-built and Z scale, and
                      > two of these have been 4-foot scratch-built models of the Pecos
                      > River Bridge (the first one over 700 pieces, and the new one @1500
                      > pieces!).
                      >
                      > I could see you knocking out this category in short order. If you
                      > have any questions, shoot me an email or contact Tom. I'm sure he'd
                      > be happy to help.
                      >
                      > Adam

                      Thank you for all the info Adam, I do believe I'll look into it and I
                      appreciate your faith in my modeling.
                      Although I am not new to either Z scale or railroading it has only
                      been recently that people have been able to see my work. My goal is to
                      inspire others to try their hand at scratch building, to that effect
                      entering a few contests and shows would be a good thing.

                      Is there a place where I can see some of Tom's work? and where is
                      "down here"?

                      Sincerely
                      Lionel