New Z Scale Page

  • Lionel Gazeau
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hi All

      Just a note to inform you that I created a new page on my website.

      Z Scale #3 deals with buildings with character or a story to tell.
      Some you might have seen before, others are brand new.

      I'm especially pleased with the Antique Store.

      Thank you for looking.
      Lionel, the only Lionel in Z Scale.

      http://theotherlionel.com
    • David George
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
        Lionel,
        Your web site is great and your artwork and Z items are fantastic !
        Thanks for sharing your handiwork with us.

        Cordially,

        Mister Dave
        "G ~ B & CC R.R."

        Lionel Gazeau <zeelionel@...> wrote:
        Hi All

        Just a note to inform you that I created a new page on my website.

        Z Scale #3 deals with buildings with character or a story to tell.
        Some you might have seen before, others are brand new.

        I'm especially pleased with the Antique Store.

        Thank you for looking.
        Lionel, the only Lionel in Z Scale.

        http://theotherlionel.com

        Model railroad train G scale model train Ho scale model train Model train n scale Scale model train Z scale model train

      • Lionel Gazeau
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, David George <dlgeorgesr@y...> wrote:
          > Lionel,
          > Your web site is great and your artwork and Z items are fantastic !
          > Thanks for sharing your handiwork with us.
          >
          > Cordially,
          >
          > Mister Dave
          > "G ~ B & CC R.R."

          Thank you Mr. Dave.

          You will be able to see more of my work at times goes, not only on my
          site but also ZTrack Magazine.

          Lionel
        • Lionel Gazeau
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Amick" <aa5821@s...> wrote:
            > Lionel,
            >
            > Outstanding work, sir!
            >
            > Take this stuff and go get your "Master Builder - Structures" merit
            > award from NMRA (unless you already have it).
            >
            > Very inspiring!
            >
            > Adam

            Thank you for the compliment Sir.

            No, I don't have it, never even thought about it, wouldn't know how to
            go about getting it.

            To tell you the truth Adam, I didn't even know such a thing existed
            !!! Do I have to join the Boy's Scouts to get my merit badge? :>)

            Lionel
          • Dave Hjortnaes
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
              The best part about Lionel's work, is that I have one of those
              structures you see on the web site. The pharmacy is mine, and it is a
              fantastic piece of work. I just wish he could produce more of his
              stuff at a faster pace, but, and I say but, great work takes time, and
              Lionel's is definitely worth the wait.

              Dave H.
            • Lionel Gazeau
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Amick" <aa5821@s...> wrote:
                > Lionel,
                >
                > Outstanding work, sir!
                >
                > Take this stuff and go get your "Master Builder - Structures" merit
                > award from NMRA (unless you already have it).
                >
                > Very inspiring!
                >
                > Adam

                Thank you for the compliment Sir.

                I wasn't even aware there was such a thing as a Master Builder award
                from the NMRA, I assume one has to enter quite a few contests
                sponsored by the august group ?

                Anyway, thanks again, glad you enjoyed it.

                Lionel
              • jim_manley_alpha_six
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
                  GreetingZ Lionel and Fellow/Fellowette Wanna-be-like-Lionel ModelerZ,

                  Very, very, very outstanding, excellent, incredibly-detailed,
                  tongue-in-cheek work! One very, very, very tiny Z scale nit:
                  KZZZ/WZZZ is annotated as 1220 on the FM dial - it should either be
                  1220 KHz AM, or something between 87.9 and 107.9 MHz FM (centered on
                  odd 100 KHz or 0.1 MHz values, and separated by 200 KHz or 0.2 MHz,
                  e.g., 87.9, 88.1, 88.3 ... 107.5, 107.7, 107.9 MHz). This
                  non-criticizm is coming from someone who has only managed to approach
                  your level of accomplishment by building the downloadable Paper Creek
                  outhouse, so far :)

                  Keep up the great work, sir!

                  All Z BeZt,
                  Jim

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Lionel Gazeau" <zeelionel@c...> wrote:
                  > Hi All
                  >
                  > Just a note to inform you that I created a new page on my website.
                  >
                  > Z Scale #3 deals with buildings with character or a story to tell.
                  > Some you might have seen before, others are brand new.
                  >
                  > I'm especially pleased with the Antique Store.
                  >
                  > Thank you for looking.
                  > Lionel, the only Lionel in Z Scale.
                  >
                  > http://theotherlionel.com
                • Lionel Gazeau
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
                    ---
                    Indeed you are correct Sir. Goes to show you I don't know my FM from
                    AM in the PM.

                    Criticism makes me a better modeler. thanks for the compliments.

                    Lionel

                    In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jim_manley_alpha_six" <jim.manley@g...>
                    wrote:
                    > GreetingZ Lionel and Fellow/Fellowette Wanna-be-like-Lionel ModelerZ,
                    >
                    > Very, very, very outstanding, excellent, incredibly-detailed,
                    > tongue-in-cheek work! One very, very, very tiny Z scale nit:
                    > KZZZ/WZZZ is annotated as 1220 on the FM dial - it should either be
                    > 1220 KHz AM, or something between 87.9 and 107.9 MHz FM (centered on
                    > odd 100 KHz or 0.1 MHz values, and separated by 200 KHz or 0.2 MHz,
                    > e.g., 87.9, 88.1, 88.3 ... 107.5, 107.7, 107.9 MHz). This
                    > non-criticizm is coming from someone who has only managed to approach
                    > your level of accomplishment by building the downloadable Paper Creek
                    > outhouse, so far :)
                    >
                    > Keep up the great work, sir!
                    >
                    > All Z BeZt,
                    > Jim
                    >

                    > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Lionel Gazeau" <zeelionel@c...> wrote:
                    > > Hi All
                    > >
                    > > Just a note to inform you that I created a new page on my website.
                    > >
                    > > Z Scale #3 deals with buildings with character or a story to tell.
                    > > Some you might have seen before, others are brand new.
                    > >
                    > > I'm especially pleased with the Antique Store.
                    > >
                    > > Thank you for looking.
                    > > Lionel, the only Lionel in Z Scale.
                    > >
                    > > http://theotherlionel.com
                  • Adam Amick
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
                      Below is a link to the Master Model Railroader Achievement Program
                      on the NMRA's web site (www.nmra.org). You only need to join as an
                      Associate Member of the NMRA to participate. What you'd do is join
                      your local Division and attend an event. Take your structures with
                      you (there's some paperwork and if you can "wow" the judges with
                      descriptions and photos of the construction process it helps) and
                      they can be judged for points or in contest.

                      The achievement program is here:
                      http://www.nmra.org/achievement/

                      The structures specific category is covered here:
                      http://www.nmra.org/achievement/apc3.html

                      Tom Browning is leading the effort down here among us Z scalers in
                      pursuing MMR (Master Model Railroader). To date he has been
                      awarded "Model Railroad Author" (of which some of the work appeared
                      in ZTrack Magazine), and is two structured shy of achieving "Master
                      Builder - Structures".

                      To date all his structures have been scratch-built and Z scale, and
                      two of these have been 4-foot scratch-built models of the Pecos
                      River Bridge (the first one over 700 pieces, and the new one @1500
                      pieces!).

                      I could see you knocking out this category in short order. If you
                      have any questions, shoot me an email or contact Tom. I'm sure he'd
                      be happy to help.

                      Adam

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
                        > Tom Browning is leading the effort down here among us Z scalers in
                        > pursuing MMR (Master Model Railroader). To date he has been
                        > awarded "Model Railroad Author" (of which some of the work appeared
                        > in ZTrack Magazine), and is two structured shy of achieving "Master
                        > Builder - Structures".
                        >
                        > To date all his structures have been scratch-built and Z scale, and
                        > two of these have been 4-foot scratch-built models of the Pecos
                        > River Bridge (the first one over 700 pieces, and the new one @1500
                        > pieces!).
                        >
                        > I could see you knocking out this category in short order. If you
                        > have any questions, shoot me an email or contact Tom. I'm sure he'd
                        > be happy to help.
                        >
                        > Adam

                        Thank you for all the info Adam, I do believe I'll look into it and I
                        appreciate your faith in my modeling.
                        Although I am not new to either Z scale or railroading it has only
                        been recently that people have been able to see my work. My goal is to
                        inspire others to try their hand at scratch building, to that effect
                        entering a few contests and shows would be a good thing.

                        Is there a place where I can see some of Tom's work? and where is
                        "down here"?

                        Sincerely
                        Lionel