Satisfaction!

  • sgt_tim7
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
      Mick Jagger stated it best," I can't get no Satisfaction!"

      I'll be short but sweet.

      This message is for all of those silent MTL types that monitor this
      group.

      At what point in this century might we see the Red/Silver Warbonnet
      paint scheme on your beautiful GP35? After all it is the most
      recognized paint scheme ever created for any railroad locomotive.

      Thank you!

      Tim
    • Adam Amick
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
        Tim,

        Though I agree with your comments about the "Warbonnet" paint scheme,
        I have to question whether any GP35s were ever painted in this livery.

        You'd probably see it sooner if you did it yourself.

        Adam

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@y...> wrote:
        > At what point in this century might we see the Red/Silver Warbonnet
        > paint scheme on your beautiful GP35? After all it is the most
        > recognized paint scheme ever created for any railroad locomotive.
        >
        > Thank you!
        >
        > Tim
      • randy smidt
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
          GP60's did show up in the Red Warbob=nnet scheme, but I'm not sure anything earliery than that did. The Red/silver scheme was only for passenger trains until it was revived for use in "high speed" freight service in the 1990's.

          It is really pretty though. ;-)

          Randy Smidt

          Allan Miller <almiller@...> wrote:
          Tim: My own preference would be for the AT&SF blue and yellow paint
          scheme rather than the red/silver warbonnet scheme, primarily because
          the GEEPs would have primarily been used as freight locomotives, and
          not in passenger service. There are exceptions to just about
          everything, of course, and I suppose that at some point Santa Fe did
          paint a GEEP or two in the warbonnet scheme, and at some point they
          might have used GEEPs to haul passenger trains. Nevertheless, my
          guess is the blue/yellow freight scheme would have been far more common.

          I'm sure that dedicated Santa Fe modelers can tell us for certain.
          All I know is that I'll definitely pass on any UP paint scheme, no
          matter how much I like the locomotive itself (and I do like it and had
          planned to buy several more in addition to the one Pennsy unit I
          currently have).