Re: [Z_Scale] Re: UP - Ok

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 30, 2005
      Hello Tom,

      I like the UP GP35 and I like the paint. Once I can
      find some extra cash, I might spring for one. But the
      PRR version is where I started, so I'll most likely
      stick with this line.

      I agree, enough with yapping about UP's corporate need more
      succor to move our nation's freight (or is it "lucre"?).
      UP kept a close eye on congress to get where they
      got back in the 1870s, in fact the kickback schemes
      to our esteemed reps back then were colossal!
      Read Stephen Ambrose's "Nothing Like It In The World."
      I suspect that they are still greasing the wheels today.

      Use cyanoacylate glue to bond two brass parts together.
      I sell it on my website.

      What is wild is to read all the past notes from folks
      seeking something else in a GP35 paint scheme!
      I can understand their objections to the PRR black, green,
      olive or whatever the heck it is ; >)
      I say wait a year, it will eventually turn up in a provocative
      dayglow purple dusted in a sparkling glitter scheme.
      Take a look at all the Marklin and MTL F7s.
      No lack of choices there.

      Best regards,
      Reynard
      http://www.micronart.com