SW-1 instructions

  • Lajos Thek
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2005
      I just made a few minor (but more practical)
      changes on page 3. and 4. of the SW-1 switcher's
      chassis modifications instructions. The corrected
      instructions can be downloaded in PDF format from
      the http://www.zthek.com site , or I can mail hard
      copies of the instructions to previous buyers of
      the kits. Please e-mail me at olaj@... ,
      or call (562)481-1381.
      The "files" of the new z_workshop yahoo forum
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/z_workshop/
      are updated too, to reflect the more practical ways
      of modifications. Join to this new group and find out,
      building of a nice brass switcher is not as hard as
      the "armchair experts" claim.

      Lajos
    • Don
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 28, 2005
        Lajos --

        At the moment I do NOT have he change to buy an engine, but can you tell
        me if the Digitrax DZ 123 decoder #21852.1 will work with a Lenz system
        ??

        Don
        Akron, Ohio - USA

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 28, 2005
          Not to speak for Lajos, but I seem to remember that the Lenz system only supports 14/28 speed steps?? Maybe you have a newer one...I dunno. The decoder will definitely work, but you won't be able to take advantage of the 128 speed step option.

          This is assuming you have one of the earlier Lenz systems. I don't know what the current ones support.

          >At the moment I do NOT have he change to buy an engine, but can you tell
          >me if the Digitrax DZ 123 decoder #21852.1 will work with a Lenz system
          >??

          >Don
          >Akron, Ohio - USA

        • Don
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 28, 2005
            I have a Digital Plus LH100 controller. I THINK this is a "newer style
            unit"

            Don
            Akron, Ohio - USA

            Not to speak for Lajos, but I seem to remember that the Lenz system only
            supports 14/28 speed steps?? Maybe you have a newer one...I dunno.
            The decoder will definitely work, but you won't be able to take
            advantage of the 128 speed step option.

            This is assuming you have one of the earlier Lenz systems. I don't
            know what the current ones support.

            >At the moment I do NOT have he change to buy an engine, but can you
            tell
            >me if the Digitrax DZ 123 decoder #21852.1 will work with a Lenz
            system
            >??

            >Don
            >Akron, Ohio - USA

          • Ted LaMar
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 28, 2005
              After a very brief google search on the Lenz systems - I think you are right. With the LH-100 controller you have up to 12 function control and 128 speed steps. Plus mainline programming. Cool.

              You should be good to go.