Re: [z_scale] Improving Locomotive Power Pickup , How Well Does This Work?

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2001
      John,

      I used catenary over a large portion of the layout. What I have found is that
      I have very few problems with the electric (or diesel) locomotives as they go
      through turnouts. This is even true when I am running the loks off the
      catenary. One item of interest is that since catenary shares a common rail
      with the track, you can use 1 RELCO to power and clean both the track and
      catenary at the same time, even if you are running a lok off the track and
      one off the catenary powered by separate transformers.

      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016