Re: Luetke Truss Bridge

  • patrick_tansey
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "John Bartolotto" <jsbart@p...> wrote:
      > Pat,
      >
      > So give us some details on how you made the Luetke Truss Bridge?
      It
      > looks great!!
      >
      > John Bartolotto

      John,

      The bridge was made from a kit manufactured by Modellbahn Luetke, who
      is featured in 220DasJournal, the fine monthly online magazine by
      Guido Kruschke. I had inquired of the list several months ago if
      anyone had any experience with these kits, and getting no response, I
      contacted Mr. Luetke via several emails, and purchased some of his
      fine kits. I plan to upload other photos, but cannot determine how
      to remove my large (>1M) original image and just store the smaller
      image. I've looked at the instructions in the Links section but they
      do not appear to be current. When I tap on the editing pencil, I do
      not get the results as noted. The Yahoo Photos "help" section also
      did not "help". ;-)

      The abutments were also kits supplied by Mr. Luetke, and both were
      easy to assemble, and look great. He offers 4 sizes of abutments.

      Modellbahn Luetke takes Paypal, I believe. Since I don't use Paypal,
      one option was to get a wire transfer, which would have cost me about
      $40 for a 100 Euros order, so I took a chance and got Euros from my
      bank for a small fee and sent them via airmail. I sent the Euros on
      a Saturday, he received them on Tuesday and I had my items the
      following Monday.

      Check out Guido's site and download the Luetke catalog if you're
      interested in obtaining some of these items. They're well made kits,
      and include easy to follow directions. I applied what looked like an
      accurate greenish paint. Modellbahn Luetke also has quite an
      assortment of buildings, but with more of a European flavor, so I
      just got two each of his bridge kits, and 2 sets each of the 4
      abutment kits, all told less than 100 Euros with shipping.

      ...Pat
    • John & Sue Bartolotto
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
        Thanks Patrick! I had not seen Manfred's new items. WOW has he been busy!!
        What great stuff!!

        John
      • ldonsbach
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
          According to the Luetke website, there is only reference to a German bank
          transfer. You will have to contact Herr Luetke to find out how he will
          accept payment.

          I have made a few of his kits and have found them easy to build. The module
          that I had at the NTS had the houses under construction, 2 finishes houses,
          the garages, 3 small yard structures, and the open storage building. I
          think they look great and plan to order a couple more in the future.

          Larry D

          San Antonio

        • patrick_tansey
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005
            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "John & Sue Bartolotto" <jsbart@p...>
            wrote:
            > Thanks Patrick! I had not seen Manfred's new items. WOW has he
            been busy!!
            > What great stuff!!
            >
            > John

            I have put a few items under Photos>Pat's Z Misc:

            The first is a clearer photo of Luetke Modellbahn's Truss bridge (see
            previous discussion on how to obtain these, if you are interested).

            The second photos contains a few rare cars: front row is a fragile,
            falling apart bobber caboose next to a still intact hopper, both from
            Chicago Railway (long since extinct). Second row are two cars from
            Portland Railcar (same fate as CR). Third row was the last of the 7
            Marklin airline container sets that I obtained about 5 years ago. I
            like traveling and the airline sets were kind of cool - check your
            old Kohl's catalog to see the other sets if you are interested.

            Third photo is another Luetke bridge - what do you call this bridge?
            Girder?

            Fourth photo is a trestle bridge that I got off ebay about 6 years
            ago, from a fellow who painstakingly spent over a hundred hours
            building this, only to then think that Z was too small for him. His
            loss and my gain ;-) I may incorporate this into a future layout.
            The track itself is handlaid on the bridge, but I wish the entire
            structure was a little heavier and sturdier. At any rate, it is a
            standalone work of art, and I only paid about $75 for it.

            Fifth and last photo is another bridge that I recently got off that
            auction site [did I mention that I like bridges ;-)] and I believe it
            is N, but it will work for me. Anyone know the manufacturer and
            model number of the pier in the photo? Only one came with the bridge
            and I'd like to get more. Who makes the bridge - Kibri?

            Had some other photos of Loren's portals after weathering, which look
            great, some Robert Ray centerbeam flat cars that I built, and my
            Allan Borg centerflow car (still waiting for detail parts), but I
            need to retake these photos with better lighting and will post when
            I get back from about 10 days of vacation.

            Thanks to Uwe for the photo deletion hints. This is a great group!

            ...Pat
          • Uwe Liermann
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005
              Hello Patrick,

              > Fifth and last photo is another bridge that I recently got off that
              > auction site [did I mention that I like bridges ;-)] and I believe it
              > is N, but it will work for me. Anyone know the manufacturer and
              > model number of the pier in the photo? Only one came with the bridge
              > and I'd like to get more. Who makes the bridge - Kibri?

              if it is really Z (to test see if a piece of straight track fits
              perfectly on the bridge, if it is lose then the bridge might be N), it
              looks a lot like the item' 282915 from Faller <www.faller.de> website
              is only in German, you might try the translation feature from Google
              for viewing the site. Originally included in the kit 282915 are 8
              piers (4 x 5 mm and 4 x 10 mm). Unfortunately there are no similar
              piers from Faller, but there is a different set of piers with the
              number 282909.

              HTH

              --
              GreetingZ