Patrick Tansey's Luetke Truss Bridge

  • John Bartolotto
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
      Pat,

      So give us some details on how you made the Luetke Truss Bridge? It
      looks great!!

      John Bartolotto
    • patrick_tansey
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "John Bartolotto" <jsbart@p...> wrote:
        > Pat,
        >
        > So give us some details on how you made the Luetke Truss Bridge?
        It
        > looks great!!
        >
        > John Bartolotto

        John,

        The bridge was made from a kit manufactured by Modellbahn Luetke, who
        is featured in 220DasJournal, the fine monthly online magazine by
        Guido Kruschke. I had inquired of the list several months ago if
        anyone had any experience with these kits, and getting no response, I
        contacted Mr. Luetke via several emails, and purchased some of his
        fine kits. I plan to upload other photos, but cannot determine how
        to remove my large (>1M) original image and just store the smaller
        image. I've looked at the instructions in the Links section but they
        do not appear to be current. When I tap on the editing pencil, I do
        not get the results as noted. The Yahoo Photos "help" section also
        did not "help". ;-)

        The abutments were also kits supplied by Mr. Luetke, and both were
        easy to assemble, and look great. He offers 4 sizes of abutments.

        Modellbahn Luetke takes Paypal, I believe. Since I don't use Paypal,
        one option was to get a wire transfer, which would have cost me about
        $40 for a 100 Euros order, so I took a chance and got Euros from my
        bank for a small fee and sent them via airmail. I sent the Euros on
        a Saturday, he received them on Tuesday and I had my items the
        following Monday.

        Check out Guido's site and download the Luetke catalog if you're
        interested in obtaining some of these items. They're well made kits,
        and include easy to follow directions. I applied what looked like an
        accurate greenish paint. Modellbahn Luetke also has quite an
        assortment of buildings, but with more of a European flavor, so I
        just got two each of his bridge kits, and 2 sets each of the 4
        abutment kits, all told less than 100 Euros with shipping.

        ...Pat
      • John & Sue Bartolotto
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
          Thanks Patrick! I had not seen Manfred's new items. WOW has he been busy!!
          What great stuff!!

          John
        • ldonsbach
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
            According to the Luetke website, there is only reference to a German bank
            transfer. You will have to contact Herr Luetke to find out how he will
            accept payment.

            I have made a few of his kits and have found them easy to build. The module
            that I had at the NTS had the houses under construction, 2 finishes houses,
            the garages, 3 small yard structures, and the open storage building. I
            think they look great and plan to order a couple more in the future.

            Larry D

            San Antonio

          • patrick_tansey
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005
              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "John & Sue Bartolotto" <jsbart@p...>
              wrote:
              > Thanks Patrick! I had not seen Manfred's new items. WOW has he
              been busy!!
              > What great stuff!!
              >
              > John

              I have put a few items under Photos>Pat's Z Misc:

              The first is a clearer photo of Luetke Modellbahn's Truss bridge (see
              previous discussion on how to obtain these, if you are interested).

              The second photos contains a few rare cars: front row is a fragile,
              falling apart bobber caboose next to a still intact hopper, both from
              Chicago Railway (long since extinct). Second row are two cars from
              Portland Railcar (same fate as CR). Third row was the last of the 7
              Marklin airline container sets that I obtained about 5 years ago. I
              like traveling and the airline sets were kind of cool - check your
              old Kohl's catalog to see the other sets if you are interested.

              Third photo is another Luetke bridge - what do you call this bridge?
              Girder?

              Fourth photo is a trestle bridge that I got off ebay about 6 years
              ago, from a fellow who painstakingly spent over a hundred hours
              building this, only to then think that Z was too small for him. His
              loss and my gain ;-) I may incorporate this into a future layout.
              The track itself is handlaid on the bridge, but I wish the entire
              structure was a little heavier and sturdier. At any rate, it is a
              standalone work of art, and I only paid about $75 for it.

              Fifth and last photo is another bridge that I recently got off that
              auction site [did I mention that I like bridges ;-)] and I believe it
              is N, but it will work for me. Anyone know the manufacturer and
              model number of the pier in the photo? Only one came with the bridge
              and I'd like to get more. Who makes the bridge - Kibri?

              Had some other photos of Loren's portals after weathering, which look
              great, some Robert Ray centerbeam flat cars that I built, and my
              Allan Borg centerflow car (still waiting for detail parts), but I
              need to retake these photos with better lighting and will post when
              I get back from about 10 days of vacation.

              Thanks to Uwe for the photo deletion hints. This is a great group!

              ...Pat
            • Uwe Liermann
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005
                Hello Patrick,

                > Fifth and last photo is another bridge that I recently got off that
                > auction site [did I mention that I like bridges ;-)] and I believe it
                > is N, but it will work for me. Anyone know the manufacturer and
                > model number of the pier in the photo? Only one came with the bridge
                > and I'd like to get more. Who makes the bridge - Kibri?

                if it is really Z (to test see if a piece of straight track fits
                perfectly on the bridge, if it is lose then the bridge might be N), it
                looks a lot like the item' 282915 from Faller <www.faller.de> website
                is only in German, you might try the translation feature from Google
                for viewing the site. Originally included in the kit 282915 are 8
                piers (4 x 5 mm and 4 x 10 mm). Unfortunately there are no similar
                piers from Faller, but there is a different set of piers with the
                number 282909.

                HTH

                --
                GreetingZ