Re: [Z_Scale] #20 Code 40 Turnout

  • Loren Snyder
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2005
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "de Champeaux Dominique" <ddechamp71@...>
      To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 10:12 PM
      Subject: RE: [Z_Scale] #20 Code 40 Turnout

      > Dear Eric, I've only one thing to say: if one of these
      > days you intend to commercially release them, I think
      > you'll have A LOT of customers...Beginning with
      > myself!
      >
      > Dominique

      Dominique,
      I will second, third, and fourth that thought. Don't you sometimes wish you
      were the guy to finally come up with a whole slew of #4,6,8,10, and 12
      turnouts of commercial, excellent quality? You'd get back strain carrying
      all your money to the bank..

      Loren
    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
        > Don't you sometimes wish you
        > were the guy to finally come up with a whole slew of
        > #4,6,8,10, and 12
        > turnouts of commercial, excellent quality? You'd
        > get back strain carrying
        > all your money to the bank..
        >
        > Loren

        Yes Loren, I think so!
        Dominique

      • Eric Menzel
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
          Gentlemen,

          I am the E in E & D Models, (soon to be E & D Models, LLC). My
          website is undergoing a massive restructuring, so it's a mess right
          now, but check it out. I will be adding alot more Z scale items
          along with pics over the next few weeks.

          www.edmodels.com

          I am also working with a company that extrudes soft metals, such as
          nickel silver. I am waiting on a quote for some custom designed Code
          50 rail. This rail will be used on my turnouts, and will connect up
          to Code 40, as well as Marklin, and MTL track (with a few light
          swipes of a file on the railheads). Marklin and MTL are .060" high,
          while Micro-Engineering code 40 is .045", my rail will be a
          true .050" high. I am hoping to offer my rail (no plastic ties to
          remove) in bulk for all those handlayers out there. Again, awaiting
          the quote for dies and material.

          I have also purchased a mini CNC mill, so we will see what kind of
          goodies come out of that! I am hoping to fill some voids in the Z
          scale modern era.

          Hope this helps!

          Thanks,

          Eric P. Menzel