Reguarding Z Scale Bumpers

  • hobbycraftsnmore
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2005
      My bumper idea came from the Model Railroader issue where they showed
      how to make a Hayes style HO Bumper. Since I do Z Scale and there are
      no American bumpers styles out there I tried making them, a couple
      months ago and decided to sell them since it wasn't that hard to do. I
      heard others talking about bumpers from the show and figured they made
      there own. Knowing there would be others out there who would rather buy
      them instead of making them, I started to sell them. I had no idea
      anyone was selling them, otherwise, I would probably never went through
      the trouble to make my own. I also plan shortly to sell other items and
      start my own a web site for others to buy. I started selling them on
      ebay to move some of my products and figure out a selling price.

      I really don't appreciate this Adam person saying I was claiming they
      where his. I never did that. I don't know who has a better product I've
      never seen his bumpers, but my question is: has he seen mine to judge?
      If anyone is interested in buying my bumper, I will have a web site
      soon or you can go to my ebay store.

      Hobbycraftsnmore
    • Larry Card
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
        >I really don't appreciate this Adam person saying I was claiming they
        >where his.

        He didn't. Someone else posted a message to the list that said they had
        bought some from you, and thought they were his. At no time did he imply
        that you had claimed his work as your own; the closest he came to saying
        that was to state if the bumpers that this person had bought were in fact
        his, someone had bought them from him to resell them. He checked on it and
        determined that this was not the case and posted this information on the
        list.
        V/R
        Larry P. Card
        Franklinton NC
      • william dunn
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005
          I am the person that sent the inquiry to "Adam" about the Scale Bumpers.
          I purchased them on eBay and I Did one thing wrong. I made the fatal
          mistake and ASSUMED that they were made by Adam. The Hobby Dealer did
          not Claim that they were made by Adam.

          I send my apology to Adam and the Hobby Dealer on eBay.

          WILLIAM M. DUNN

          Thanks, Larry, for a very accurate response.

          Adam

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Card" <lpcard@h...> wrote:
          > >I really don't appreciate this Adam person saying I was claiming
          they
          > >where his.
          >
          > He didn't. Someone else posted a message to the list that said
          they had
          > bought some from you, and thought they were his. At no time did
          he imply
          > that you had claimed his work as your own; the closest he came to
          saying
          > that was to state if the bumpers that this person had bought were
          in fact
          > his, someone had bought them from him to resell them. He checked
          on it and
          > determined that this was not the case and posted this information
          on the
          > list.
          > V/R
          > Larry P. Card
          > Franklinton NC

          This message scanned for viruses by CoreComm
        • thomascb2004
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005
            The positive upshot of this series of postings is to reveal that
            there are two sources of bumpers for the Z Scale community. I urge
            each source to offer the best at the best price and good fortune to
            both.

            Tom

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "william dunn" <w.dunn@c...> wrote:
            > I am the person that sent the inquiry to "Adam" about the Scale
            Bumpers.
            > I purchased them on eBay and I Did one thing wrong. I made the
            fatal
            > mistake and ASSUMED that they were made by Adam. The Hobby Dealer
            did
            > not Claim that they were made by Adam.
            >
            > I send my apology to Adam and the Hobby Dealer on eBay.
            >
            > WILLIAM M. DUNN

            Behalf
            > Of Adam
            > Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 10:36 AM
            > To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Reguarding Z Scale Bumpers
            >

            > Thanks, Larry, for a very accurate response.
            >
            > Adam
            >

            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Card" <lpcard@h...> wrote:
            > > >I really don't appreciate this Adam person saying I was claiming
            > they
            > > >where his.
            > >
            > > He didn't. Someone else posted a message to the list that said
            > they had
            > > bought some from you, and thought they were his. At no time did
            > he imply
            > > that you had claimed his work as your own; the closest he came to
            > saying
            > > that was to state if the bumpers that this person had bought were
            > in fact
            > > his, someone had bought them from him to resell them. He checked
            > on it and
            > > determined that this was not the case and posted this information
            > on the
            > > list.
            > > V/R
            > > Larry P. Card
            > > Franklinton NC

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • hobbycraftsnmore
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005

              > I send my apology to Adam and the Hobby Dealer on eBay.
              >
              > WILLIAM M. DUNN
              >

              >Hi
              That ok.
              If you need more I have them in my ebay store or have question just
              ask. I will be offering a couple other thing in the next couple weeks
              after I get a website up and working right.
            • Allan Miller
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3, 2005
                You did the right thing, William. It's nice to be part of a forum
                where folks conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, and I say
                that as a person who is a member of various train-related forums in a
                variety of scales. Some of them can be rather bitter battlegrounds,
                at times, and it's refreshing--and relaxing, as well as
                informative--to be able to visit at least one where civility and good
                conduct rules.