my latest work

  • Chris Mears
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26 12:11 PM
      Hey guys, thanks for the encouraging words. Funny thing about that
      warped roof is that there is a 2mm sqare ridge pole running directly
      under that roof - the length of the car. Still happened, weird!

      I'll dig out that Mike Gill book, then forward the title and ISBN for
      anyone interested, it's a great read. The book is aimed at the 4mm
      scale (OO) modeller, but the ideas and techniques translate very well.
      Another card building series I really enjoyed and refer back to often
      is the series Model Railway Constructor published based on the
      construction methods used by the Pendon museum, can't remember the
      issue dates, but it was a 12-15 part article.

      Anyway, I'm feeling particularily inspired, perhaps it's time to start
      something new. Something a little more useful on the layout I am
      working toward. Though I do have a hankering to get back to some
      coaches I was starting in styrene.

      Chris Mears
      Charlottetown, PEI
      ...beautiful sunny day here for a change