RE: [z_scale] Direction?

  • Gunnar Edebrant
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1 10:13 AM
      Greetings,

      >Sometimes at time of service the magnets may get put in in the wrong
      >direction. This makes the motor run backwards.

      True, I've experienced the same behaviour on my old trusty 8800. On the
      smaller steam and diesels this is easy resolved. Just remove the shell
      and then the stationary part of the engine (the one containing the
      magnets) and put it back turned 180 degrees. This stationary part is
      either fastened with a couple tiny screws or simply snapped into
      position. I haven't really had any experience with the bigger steam-,
      deisel- or electrical-loks but I guess the same is true for them as well.
      I guess the list can provide you with hints needed to perform the same
      operation on these.

      Cheers, Gunnar Edebrant, from a snowy and cold Gothenburg, Sweden.