RE: [Z_Scale] Maps for yards and track

  • Tom Fisher
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
      i didn't see "google earth" on frida.

      --- Don <d.f.avila@...> wrote:

      > Google modified their package from the time I posted
      > "No longer there"
      > to what is now there, so yes, the satellites are
      > again available from
      > the map package. Still, if you have the capability,
      > try "Google Earth".
      > It can do things like you would not believe, like
      > look right down inside
      > the courtyards of buildings in Moscow, or inside the
      > Mt St Helens
      > crater, or follow along a railroad like Tehachapi
      > Pass [complete with a
      > pretty good tunnel rendering], and LOTS MORE !!
      >

      > Don
      > Akron, Ohio - USA

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • thomascb2004
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
        A friend of mine, Adam Amick, saw what I believe you are talking
        about. It was free for some period of time then to continue, he had
        to sign up for a one year subscription for $30.00 (I think). Maybe
        this is what you are refering to, because Adam was describing the
        sort of features are mentioned.

        Tom

      • robertfage@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
          I had no trouble getting on to the map this evening from the United
          Kingdom... I had a look at the Sagamore Bridge at Bourne MA .. first time I have seen
          it from above, always seen it from the road when I cross on to Cape Cod..
          very good.. I agree it is a useful tool for Z model makers if you want to build
          a certain area. All I would say is it does not zoom in close enough for my
          liking.

          But then I would not have found it if it had not been mentioned in the group
          .. so I say thank you.. all knowledge is worth having.

          Bob Fage in the United Kingdom

        • Tom Fisher
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
            I finally found "Google Earth" the old-fashioned way
            --I used Google.

            On my computer, Google Earth is NOT reached by
            clicking on "Maps". Instead, it's listed as one of
            the Google "Tools".

            Haven't tried it yet.

            --- robertfage@... wrote:

            > I had no trouble getting on to the map this evening
            > from the United
            > Kingdom... I had a look at the Sagamore Bridge at
            > Bourne MA .. first time I have seen
            > it from above, always seen it from the road when I
            > cross on to Cape Cod..
            > very good.. I agree it is a useful tool for Z model
            > makers if you want to build
            > a certain area. All I would say is it does not zoom
            > in close enough for my
            > liking.
            >
            > But then I would not have found it if it had not
            > been mentioned in the group
            > .. so I say thank you.. all knowledge is worth
            > having.
            >
            > Bob Fage in the United Kingdom

            > removed]

            __________________________________
            Yahoo! Mail Mobile
            http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
          • Tom Fisher
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
              I'm not sure which of my systems I first used to look
              for "Google Earth", but 2 of then use MS Win98SE and
              "Google Earth" allegedly requires MS Win XP or MS Win
              2000.

              I'm on a Win 98 system right now and I've downloadded
              the program anyway to give it a shot. There are a lot
              of requirements besides having a broadband connection.

              --- Tom Fisher <tfisher10@...> wrote:

              > I finally found "Google Earth" the old-fashioned way
              > --I used Google.
              >
              > On my computer, Google Earth is NOT reached by
              > clicking on "Maps". Instead, it's listed as one of
              > the Google "Tools".
              >
              > Haven't tried it yet.
              >
              > --- robertfage@... wrote:
              >
              > > I had no trouble getting on to the map this
              > evening
              > > from the United
              > > Kingdom... I had a look at the Sagamore Bridge at
              > > Bourne MA .. first time I have seen
              > > it from above, always seen it from the road when I
              > > cross on to Cape Cod..
              > > very good.. I agree it is a useful tool for Z
              > model
              > > makers if you want to build
              > > a certain area. All I would say is it does not
              > zoom
              > > in close enough for my
              > > liking.
              > >
              > > But then I would not have found it if it had not
              > > been mentioned in the group
              > > .. so I say thank you.. all knowledge is worth
              > > having.
              > >
              > > Bob Fage in the United Kingdom

              > > removed]

              > Yahoo! Mail Mobile
              > Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your
              > mobile phone.
              > http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail

              Yahoo! Sports
              http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com