RE: [Z_Scale] Maps for yards and track

  • Don
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
      Google modified their package from the time I posted "No longer there"
      to what is now there, so yes, the satellites are again available from
      the map package. Still, if you have the capability, try "Google Earth".
      It can do things like you would not believe, like look right down inside
      the courtyards of buildings in Moscow, or inside the Mt St Helens
      crater, or follow along a railroad like Tehachapi Pass [complete with a
      pretty good tunnel rendering], and LOTS MORE !!

      Don
      Akron, Ohio - USA

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
        i didn't see "google earth" on frida.

        --- Don <d.f.avila@...> wrote:

        > Google modified their package from the time I posted
        > "No longer there"
        > to what is now there, so yes, the satellites are
        > again available from
        > the map package. Still, if you have the capability,
        > try "Google Earth".
        > It can do things like you would not believe, like
        > look right down inside
        > the courtyards of buildings in Moscow, or inside the
        > Mt St Helens
        > crater, or follow along a railroad like Tehachapi
        > Pass [complete with a
        > pretty good tunnel rendering], and LOTS MORE !!
        >

        > Don
        > Akron, Ohio - USA

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • thomascb2004
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
          A friend of mine, Adam Amick, saw what I believe you are talking
          about. It was free for some period of time then to continue, he had
          to sign up for a one year subscription for $30.00 (I think). Maybe
          this is what you are refering to, because Adam was describing the
          sort of features are mentioned.

          Tom

        • robertfage@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
            I had no trouble getting on to the map this evening from the United
            Kingdom... I had a look at the Sagamore Bridge at Bourne MA .. first time I have seen
            it from above, always seen it from the road when I cross on to Cape Cod..
            very good.. I agree it is a useful tool for Z model makers if you want to build
            a certain area. All I would say is it does not zoom in close enough for my
            liking.

            But then I would not have found it if it had not been mentioned in the group
            .. so I say thank you.. all knowledge is worth having.

            Bob Fage in the United Kingdom

          • Tom Fisher
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
              I finally found "Google Earth" the old-fashioned way
              --I used Google.

              On my computer, Google Earth is NOT reached by
              clicking on "Maps". Instead, it's listed as one of
              the Google "Tools".

              Haven't tried it yet.

              --- robertfage@... wrote:

              > I had no trouble getting on to the map this evening
              > from the United
              > Kingdom... I had a look at the Sagamore Bridge at
              > Bourne MA .. first time I have seen
              > it from above, always seen it from the road when I
              > cross on to Cape Cod..
              > very good.. I agree it is a useful tool for Z model
              > makers if you want to build
              > a certain area. All I would say is it does not zoom
              > in close enough for my
              > liking.
              >
              > But then I would not have found it if it had not
              > been mentioned in the group
              > .. so I say thank you.. all knowledge is worth
              > having.
              >
              > Bob Fage in the United Kingdom

              > removed]

              __________________________________
              Yahoo! Mail Mobile
              http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
            • Tom Fisher
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
                I'm not sure which of my systems I first used to look
                for "Google Earth", but 2 of then use MS Win98SE and
                "Google Earth" allegedly requires MS Win XP or MS Win
                2000.

                I'm on a Win 98 system right now and I've downloadded
                the program anyway to give it a shot. There are a lot
                of requirements besides having a broadband connection.

                --- Tom Fisher <tfisher10@...> wrote:

                > I finally found "Google Earth" the old-fashioned way
                > --I used Google.
                >
                > On my computer, Google Earth is NOT reached by
                > clicking on "Maps". Instead, it's listed as one of
                > the Google "Tools".
                >
                > Haven't tried it yet.
                >
                > --- robertfage@... wrote:
                >
                > > I had no trouble getting on to the map this
                > evening
                > > from the United
                > > Kingdom... I had a look at the Sagamore Bridge at
                > > Bourne MA .. first time I have seen
                > > it from above, always seen it from the road when I
                > > cross on to Cape Cod..
                > > very good.. I agree it is a useful tool for Z
                > model
                > > makers if you want to build
                > > a certain area. All I would say is it does not
                > zoom
                > > in close enough for my
                > > liking.
                > >
                > > But then I would not have found it if it had not
                > > been mentioned in the group
                > > .. so I say thank you.. all knowledge is worth
                > > having.
                > >
                > > Bob Fage in the United Kingdom

                > > removed]

                > Yahoo! Mail Mobile
                > Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your
                > mobile phone.
                > http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail

                Yahoo! Sports
                http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com