Maps for yards and track

  • thomascb2004
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
      Recently there was a posting about google no longer providing
      satellite image capability and was also concerned about it being off
      topic. I do not think it is off topic because I use it to get views
      of track, yards and the tops of buildings that I cannot get access
      to. I am able to still use the maps by google at the following URL:

      http://maps.google.com/

      It may dissappear at any time however.

      Enjoy,

      Tom
    • Don
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
        Google modified their package from the time I posted "No longer there"
        to what is now there, so yes, the satellites are again available from
        the map package. Still, if you have the capability, try "Google Earth".
        It can do things like you would not believe, like look right down inside
        the courtyards of buildings in Moscow, or inside the Mt St Helens
        crater, or follow along a railroad like Tehachapi Pass [complete with a
        pretty good tunnel rendering], and LOTS MORE !!

        Don
        Akron, Ohio - USA

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
          i didn't see "google earth" on frida.

          --- Don <d.f.avila@...> wrote:

          > Google modified their package from the time I posted
          > "No longer there"
          > to what is now there, so yes, the satellites are
          > again available from
          > the map package. Still, if you have the capability,
          > try "Google Earth".
          > It can do things like you would not believe, like
          > look right down inside
          > the courtyards of buildings in Moscow, or inside the
          > Mt St Helens
          > crater, or follow along a railroad like Tehachapi
          > Pass [complete with a
          > pretty good tunnel rendering], and LOTS MORE !!
          >

          > Don
          > Akron, Ohio - USA

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • thomascb2004
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
            A friend of mine, Adam Amick, saw what I believe you are talking
            about. It was free for some period of time then to continue, he had
            to sign up for a one year subscription for $30.00 (I think). Maybe
            this is what you are refering to, because Adam was describing the
            sort of features are mentioned.

            Tom

          • robertfage@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
              I had no trouble getting on to the map this evening from the United
              Kingdom... I had a look at the Sagamore Bridge at Bourne MA .. first time I have seen
              it from above, always seen it from the road when I cross on to Cape Cod..
              very good.. I agree it is a useful tool for Z model makers if you want to build
              a certain area. All I would say is it does not zoom in close enough for my
              liking.

              But then I would not have found it if it had not been mentioned in the group
              .. so I say thank you.. all knowledge is worth having.

              Bob Fage in the United Kingdom

            • Tom Fisher
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
                I finally found "Google Earth" the old-fashioned way
                --I used Google.

                On my computer, Google Earth is NOT reached by
                clicking on "Maps". Instead, it's listed as one of
                the Google "Tools".

                Haven't tried it yet.

                --- robertfage@... wrote:

                > I had no trouble getting on to the map this evening
                > from the United
                > Kingdom... I had a look at the Sagamore Bridge at
                > Bourne MA .. first time I have seen
                > it from above, always seen it from the road when I
                > cross on to Cape Cod..
                > very good.. I agree it is a useful tool for Z model
                > makers if you want to build
                > a certain area. All I would say is it does not zoom
                > in close enough for my
                > liking.
                >
                > But then I would not have found it if it had not
                > been mentioned in the group
                > .. so I say thank you.. all knowledge is worth
                > having.
                >
                > Bob Fage in the United Kingdom

                > removed]

                __________________________________
                Yahoo! Mail Mobile
                http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
              • Tom Fisher
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
                  I'm not sure which of my systems I first used to look
                  for "Google Earth", but 2 of then use MS Win98SE and
                  "Google Earth" allegedly requires MS Win XP or MS Win
                  2000.

                  I'm on a Win 98 system right now and I've downloadded
                  the program anyway to give it a shot. There are a lot
                  of requirements besides having a broadband connection.

                  --- Tom Fisher <tfisher10@...> wrote:

                  > I finally found "Google Earth" the old-fashioned way
                  > --I used Google.
                  >
                  > On my computer, Google Earth is NOT reached by
                  > clicking on "Maps". Instead, it's listed as one of
                  > the Google "Tools".
                  >
                  > Haven't tried it yet.
                  >
                  > --- robertfage@... wrote:
                  >
                  > > I had no trouble getting on to the map this
                  > evening
                  > > from the United
                  > > Kingdom... I had a look at the Sagamore Bridge at
                  > > Bourne MA .. first time I have seen
                  > > it from above, always seen it from the road when I
                  > > cross on to Cape Cod..
                  > > very good.. I agree it is a useful tool for Z
                  > model
                  > > makers if you want to build
                  > > a certain area. All I would say is it does not
                  > zoom
                  > > in close enough for my
                  > > liking.
                  > >
                  > > But then I would not have found it if it had not
                  > > been mentioned in the group
                  > > .. so I say thank you.. all knowledge is worth
                  > > having.
                  > >
                  > > Bob Fage in the United Kingdom

                  > > removed]

                  > Yahoo! Mail Mobile
                  > Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your
                  > mobile phone.
                  > http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail

                  Yahoo! Sports
                  http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com