Re: Z Scale Convention... Thank You!

  • Glen Chenier
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "John Cubbin" <jcubbin@o...> wrote:
      > With the Z Scale Convention in Columbus just a couple of days away, I
      > thought it would be an appropriate time to thank Rob Kluz of Ztrack
      > for all of the time, effort and resources he's put into the
      > Convention organization.

      Ditto. Kudos to Rob! Wish i could be there too, but will be thinking
      of y'all having zo much fun. Those with laptops please post daily
      news to the list so us stay-at-homes can feel part of it.

      Ztrack Mag arrived today with an article showing the NTS layout plan
      for the largest modular Z layout ever! Wow! 30 miles of mainline -
      ONLY Z scale can do this. Z scale is going to kick something at this
      show. Most impressive is the number of different clubs, groups, and
      individuals that have made such an effort to make this a success.
      Keep on Zeeing (or Zedding)!
    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
        Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement! I have to admit, I am having
        fun. It is very enjoyable to be able to share my passion with the hobby with
        others. Of course, the lack of sleep does affect me once and a while. After
        this week, things should improve. :-).

        Well back to work. Still too much to do for Columbus and the NTS.

        Rob

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016
        phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
        http://www.ztrack.com/
        Distributor for American Z Line

      • randy smidt
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
          Hey Rob,

          Rob A.'s and my new theme is "This is Fun!" It must be said while completely exhausted and in a tone that has a hint of self doubt and trying to convince yourself of the fact.

          We were both up until about 2:00am last night loading up the trailer and Rob took a nice little spill that he will be feeling for quite sometime. Rob A., I really did not mind helping with the Herculean task, so don't worry. Now that it is (at least half) over, I can laugh about it. Of course I had the ulterior motive of making sure as many modules as possible show up in Ohio!

          Take care,
          Randy Smidt

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 4, 2005
              Hey, Rob!

              You may be sleep deprived but the rest of us "volunteers" are getting
              bed sores from 10-hour days spent on the Interstates getting to the
              Convention ;-)

              Perhaps some measure of thanks should also be directed to the unpaid
              clinicians who are travelling to Columbus from Vancouver, WA, Houston,
              TX, Spring, TX, Washington, DC and Montréal, QC. These guys hope to
              provide some of the entertainment, create chaos, havoc and inflict
              major damage to long-held opinions about what it means to be a
              Z-scaler. <wink>

              Will be arriving at the venue later today to scope out the setup.
              Tomorrow morning at 8am, the spectacle begins!

              Just for old time's sake, I plan on sending daily despatches from the
              Z-con and NTS front lines so that the "world" will come to fully
              realize how much they're missing!

              CheerZ,
              Jeffrey MacHan
              Chief Imagineer - Val Ease Central RR