Re: [Z_Scale] Z Scale Convention... Thank You!

  • Kez
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
      I will gladly second the expression of gratitude to Rob Kluz for all he has done
      and continues to do for our hobby. I'm looking forward to shaking his hand and
      thanking him in person in Columbus on Tuesday Morning, if not before.

      Kudos to you, ROB!!

      Bryan Keyser
      Vienna, VA
      DC Z_Bend Track

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "John Cubbin" <jcubbin@o...> wrote:
        > With the Z Scale Convention in Columbus just a couple of days away, I
        > thought it would be an appropriate time to thank Rob Kluz of Ztrack
        > for all of the time, effort and resources he's put into the
        > Convention organization.

        Ditto. Kudos to Rob! Wish i could be there too, but will be thinking
        of y'all having zo much fun. Those with laptops please post daily
        news to the list so us stay-at-homes can feel part of it.

        Ztrack Mag arrived today with an article showing the NTS layout plan
        for the largest modular Z layout ever! Wow! 30 miles of mainline -
        ONLY Z scale can do this. Z scale is going to kick something at this
        show. Most impressive is the number of different clubs, groups, and
        individuals that have made such an effort to make this a success.
        Keep on Zeeing (or Zedding)!
      • ztrack@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
          Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement! I have to admit, I am having
          fun. It is very enjoyable to be able to share my passion with the hobby with
          others. Of course, the lack of sleep does affect me once and a while. After
          this week, things should improve. :-).

          Well back to work. Still too much to do for Columbus and the NTS.

          Rob

          Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
          6142 Northcliff Blvd.
          Dublin, OH 43016
          phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
          http://www.ztrack.com/
          Distributor for American Z Line

        • randy smidt
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
            Hey Rob,

            Rob A.'s and my new theme is "This is Fun!" It must be said while completely exhausted and in a tone that has a hint of self doubt and trying to convince yourself of the fact.

            We were both up until about 2:00am last night loading up the trailer and Rob took a nice little spill that he will be feeling for quite sometime. Rob A., I really did not mind helping with the Herculean task, so don't worry. Now that it is (at least half) over, I can laugh about it. Of course I had the ulterior motive of making sure as many modules as possible show up in Ohio!

            Take care,
            Randy Smidt

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 4, 2005
                Hey, Rob!

                You may be sleep deprived but the rest of us "volunteers" are getting
                bed sores from 10-hour days spent on the Interstates getting to the
                Convention ;-)

                Perhaps some measure of thanks should also be directed to the unpaid
                clinicians who are travelling to Columbus from Vancouver, WA, Houston,
                TX, Spring, TX, Washington, DC and Montréal, QC. These guys hope to
                provide some of the entertainment, create chaos, havoc and inflict
                major damage to long-held opinions about what it means to be a
                Z-scaler. <wink>

                Will be arriving at the venue later today to scope out the setup.
                Tomorrow morning at 8am, the spectacle begins!

                Just for old time's sake, I plan on sending daily despatches from the
                Z-con and NTS front lines so that the "world" will come to fully
                realize how much they're missing!

                CheerZ,
                Jeffrey MacHan
                Chief Imagineer - Val Ease Central RR