Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Air Brush

  • Edward Scullin
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
      I have hardly any experience with air brushes. I figured I could get
      a cheap one to try out, and then upgrade as I get more proficient. I
      plan on painting a lot of plastic bags and cardboard boxes before I
      try to paint my "junk" cars. It will be a while before I would
      consider a locomotive (unless magic happens).
      MEA CULPA it was a 1/4inch adaptor not a 1/2 inch. It hooks up
      directly to the Harbor Freight air hoses. Be sure to use teflon
      tape.
      Ed Scullin

      -- zbendtrack@... wrote:

      > Ed and others:
      >
      > > Bought a small airbrush at harbor freight yesterday for 4.99.
      >
      > Like all of you, I have a couple of these inexpensive air brushes.
      > And I
      > have a medium-high cost Badger as well. If your luck holds when
      > you buy the
      > cheaper tool, you may find that both do just as good a job on most
      > of your paint
      > needs. Mine do. Not that I'm any kind of expert at air brushing
      > at this
      > point.
      >
      > However, I have one $3 airbrush that spits consistently. But I
      > didn't throw
      > it away. It's perfect for adding "oil drops" and "oil streaks" to
      > the
      > centerline of roads. It makes a perfect simulation of z scale
      > autos with oil
      > dripping out of engines on the road. There's no way I could hand
      > paint those random
      > perfectly scale tiny round drops down the center of the lanes on
      > roads.
      >
      > Hope this helps someone to consider the bright side of defective $3
      >
      > airbrushes.
      >
      > Bill K.
      > Houston

      Discover Yahoo!