Re: Oh My G(P35)osh!

  • loren snyder
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@y...> wrote:

      > They have a price listed!!! $165.00 for the "Happy Birthday"
      >GP35 "Z" scale locomotive. Is that not awesome? Not $200+ as we
      >are expecting. Man I hope this is not a typo! At $200+ I was
      >thinking about maybe getting 2, but at $165 I'd get 3 or 4
      >now. :) If you don't believe me, go check MTL's website for
      >yourself! Awesome!!!
      > Tim

      Tim,
      I would caution anyone from believing that all road names for
      the GP35 will be in the $165 range. I talked with Ben today at MTL
      and he said some paint schemes are more intricate than
      others.......so some may come in around the $165.00 figure, but
      others may be in the range of $185-195. I've heard several people
      at MTL say "around" the $200 range is their goal. So at this point
      in time, it is anyone's guess.

      Let's see if there is any power in the combined wishes of us Z
      scalers....maybe we can combat the "dark side" (higher prices)

      Loren
    • randy smidt
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
        Loren, "Intricate paint schemes" my ar$e! Just say Union Pacific.

        Randy smidt