RE: [Z_Scale] Trestle Wrestling/Truss Fussing

  • David George
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
      I've built 4 trestles of various sizes and I stained all the lumber before I even cut it. Then in fabrication you only have to touch the ends. I used furniture color staining pens. Easy to handle and come in a variety of stains.
      Cordially,
      Mister Dave

      Ted LaMar <ted_lamar@...> wrote:
      <snip>
      And does the glue that somehow magically appears on areas of the
      parts you don't want it to, interfere with staining of the wood? I've tried
      some small bridge building in the past and had trouble with staining the
      wood that accidentally got glue on it in the wrong place.
      </snip>

      Loren - Barret recommends that you finish all wood BEFORE construction. At least he did a couple years ago when I got my kits and jigs.

    • ken schulz

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 28, 2005
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ted LaMar" <ted_lamar@p...> wrote:
          > <snip>
          > And does the glue that somehow magically appears on areas of the
          > parts you don't want it to, interfere with staining of the wood?
          I've tried
          > some small bridge building in the past and had trouble with staining
          the
          > wood that accidentally got glue on it in the wrong place.
          > </snip>
          >
          > Loren - Barret recommends that you finish all wood BEFORE
          construction. At least he did a couple years ago when I got my kits
          and jigs.

          > You can also wipe the wood with a wet rag or Q-tip while the glue is
          still soft and it should not interfere with staining.