Re: Oh My G(P35)osh! Could it be a price hint?

  • www.zscalemonster.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
      Tim and GP fans,

      Yes, was that a slip-up by Micro-Trains or do they like subtle
      hints. I am glad to see the price and they usually do not have
      typos. Bring on all the hints you can... we are ready for them! I
      know so many Z scale-ers who just wiped their brow after seeing the
      price, me too.

      One other thing I did not have an answer on was... were there going
      to be Marklin couplers on the new GP35??? After seeing this new
      info... it looks like there will.

      Best wishes,
      Anthony
      http://www.zscalemonster.com/

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@y...> wrote:

      I just found something of interest that all you "I can't wait till
      the MTL GP35 is in my hands" group members will like hearing about.
      If you go to MTL's site, they have placed info showing a near future
      release of a GP35 and center cupola caboose in the "Happy Birthday"
      paint schemes. Yes, in "Z" scale. And here is the great news.
      They have a price listed!!! $165.00 for the "Happy Birthday"
      GP35 "Z" scale locomotive. Is that not awesome? Not $200+ as we
      are expecting. Man I hope this is not a typo! At $200+ I was
      thinking about maybe getting 2, but at $165 I'd get 3 or 4
      now. :) If you don't believe me, go check MTL's website for
      yourself! Awesome!!!

      Tim
    • loren snyder
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@y...> wrote:

        > They have a price listed!!! $165.00 for the "Happy Birthday"
        >GP35 "Z" scale locomotive. Is that not awesome? Not $200+ as we
        >are expecting. Man I hope this is not a typo! At $200+ I was
        >thinking about maybe getting 2, but at $165 I'd get 3 or 4
        >now. :) If you don't believe me, go check MTL's website for
        >yourself! Awesome!!!
        > Tim

        Tim,
        I would caution anyone from believing that all road names for
        the GP35 will be in the $165 range. I talked with Ben today at MTL
        and he said some paint schemes are more intricate than
        others.......so some may come in around the $165.00 figure, but
        others may be in the range of $185-195. I've heard several people
        at MTL say "around" the $200 range is their goal. So at this point
        in time, it is anyone's guess.

        Let's see if there is any power in the combined wishes of us Z
        scalers....maybe we can combat the "dark side" (higher prices)

        Loren
      • randy smidt
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
          Loren, "Intricate paint schemes" my ar$e! Just say Union Pacific.

          Randy smidt