Oh My G(P35)osh!

  • sgt_tim7
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2005
      I just found something of interest that all you "I can't wait till the
      MTL GP35 is in my hands" group members will like hearing about. If
      you go to MTL's site, they have placed info showing a near future
      release of a GP35 and center cupola caboose in the "Happy Birthday"
      paint schemes. Yes, in "Z" scale. And here is the great news. They
      have a price listed!!! $165.00 for the "Happy Birthday" GP35 "Z"
      scale locomotive. Is that not awesome? Not $200+ as we are
      expecting. Man I hope this is not a typo! At $200+ I was thinking
      about maybe getting 2, but at $165 I'd get 3 or 4 now. :) If you
      don't believe me, go check MTL's website for yourself! Awesome!!!

      Tim
    • www.zscalemonster.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
        Tim and GP fans,

        Yes, was that a slip-up by Micro-Trains or do they like subtle
        hints. I am glad to see the price and they usually do not have
        typos. Bring on all the hints you can... we are ready for them! I
        know so many Z scale-ers who just wiped their brow after seeing the
        price, me too.

        One other thing I did not have an answer on was... were there going
        to be Marklin couplers on the new GP35??? After seeing this new
        info... it looks like there will.

        Best wishes,
        Anthony
        http://www.zscalemonster.com/

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@y...> wrote:

        I just found something of interest that all you "I can't wait till
        the MTL GP35 is in my hands" group members will like hearing about.
        If you go to MTL's site, they have placed info showing a near future
        release of a GP35 and center cupola caboose in the "Happy Birthday"
        paint schemes. Yes, in "Z" scale. And here is the great news.
        They have a price listed!!! $165.00 for the "Happy Birthday"
        GP35 "Z" scale locomotive. Is that not awesome? Not $200+ as we
        are expecting. Man I hope this is not a typo! At $200+ I was
        thinking about maybe getting 2, but at $165 I'd get 3 or 4
        now. :) If you don't believe me, go check MTL's website for
        yourself! Awesome!!!

        Tim
      • loren snyder
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@y...> wrote:

          > They have a price listed!!! $165.00 for the "Happy Birthday"
          >GP35 "Z" scale locomotive. Is that not awesome? Not $200+ as we
          >are expecting. Man I hope this is not a typo! At $200+ I was
          >thinking about maybe getting 2, but at $165 I'd get 3 or 4
          >now. :) If you don't believe me, go check MTL's website for
          >yourself! Awesome!!!
          > Tim

          Tim,
          I would caution anyone from believing that all road names for
          the GP35 will be in the $165 range. I talked with Ben today at MTL
          and he said some paint schemes are more intricate than
          others.......so some may come in around the $165.00 figure, but
          others may be in the range of $185-195. I've heard several people
          at MTL say "around" the $200 range is their goal. So at this point
          in time, it is anyone's guess.

          Let's see if there is any power in the combined wishes of us Z
          scalers....maybe we can combat the "dark side" (higher prices)

          Loren
        • randy smidt
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
            Loren, "Intricate paint schemes" my ar$e! Just say Union Pacific.

            Randy smidt