Re: School for Train Layout Modeling

  • Allan Miller
    Message 1 of 5 , May 28 12:42 PM
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "pray59_3" <pray59@s...> wrote:
      > By the way, you can get just as much model railroading instruction as
      > from one of those 20 hour courses, and have just as much fun, by going
      > to 1 NMRA Convention. I've been to a several, and always learn
      > something new. If you are not an NMRA member, find one and tag along
      > to one of their annual conventions, and see for yourself what you can
      > learn and how much railroading fun you can have.
      >
      > -Robert

      Man, I sure can't argue with that! I attend all the NMRA Nationals I
      possibly can, and have ALWAYS learned a lot from the clinics and
      layout tours.

      My first NMRA convention was one I attended in Washington D.C. back in
      the early 80s (I lived in Honolulu at the time, so it was a long
      trip). That event alone convinced me to become a Life Member, and the
      conventions I've attended since then have more than paid for that life
      membership many times over. And that was in the days before Z even
      had a presence there. Just imagine how things have changed since
      then! I haven't been able to make the conventions for the past five
      years because of my work schedule, but sure am sorry to be missing
      that first Z convention in Columbus this year and the NMRA convention
      in Cincinnati.