Re: How are you all. Can I get some help with Structures

  • thomascb2004
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2005
      Carl,

      To get a handle on scaling you could go to my website and look in
      the Information page to get some charts for conversion.
      www.texaszrails.com

      A rule of thumb is that HO is about 2-1/2 times bigger than Z
      scale. More precisely it is 220/87 = 2.5287.

      There Z scale rulers as well that Mario mentioned. Nearly
      everything I do is scratch built because of the enjoyment I get.

      You might take a look at Mircon Art, Micro-Structures, Paper Creek
      Models and a growing number of very fine suppliers.

      Best of luck,

      Tom from Texas

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" <borgdrone001@y...> wrote:
      > I would like to build a few relatively simple structures for a
      doirama i'm working on. While they might not end up being half as
      good as the work that I see here I still want them to loo as good as
      I can get them to be. I have some un-built HO gauge buildings.
      Could I put them onto a copy machine plate and just scale them down
      to a smaller size then cut out the pieces and strengthen them with a
      lot of white glue then use them as templates to cut out pieces of
      Plastic Sheeting. Them glue my little masterpieces together.

      > Could I have some help and advice on what you think or have some
      more advanced and better ideas on what how I could go ahead and make
      these buildings that i'm gonna need.