Re: Yahoo Is (not) a Disaster

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 41 , May 27 11:32 AM
      Hello Bill and Others Who Agree or Disagree With Me,

      The format is OK. It took me a while to get use to but
      once I began to think fumble around on it, I realized
      just how useful the Yahoo Groups sites are.
      Especially to new-comers! I do not always have the
      time for other lists and this one is darn interesting
      enough! Other html web sites like David Karp's
      wonderful http://www.zscale.org can also be a good
      source of focused Z scale information.

      BTW, I've completely redesigned the #1001, Z scale
      Mainline Water Station (it's even got a couple of shadow
      figure workers). Anyone starting out with a steam era
      layout is going to really like this product. Much easier
      to build than the previous one!

      Reynard
      http://www.micronart.com

      On Friday, May 27, 2005, at 09:49 AM, zbendtrack@... wrote:

      > Robert:
      <edited for length

      > Look at the Rec.Models.Railroad newsgroup as an example of absolute
      > chaos.  I
      > usually refer to it as Rec.Models.Railroad.and.Grumpy.Old.Men.  <smile>
      >
      > What we have is far from perfect, but perhaps much better than other
      > alternatives for a group of this size (1,000+) with wildly different
      > computer skills
      > level.
      >
      > Bill K.
      <edited>

    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 41 of 41 , May 27 11:32 AM
        Hello Bill and Others Who Agree or Disagree With Me,

        The format is OK. It took me a while to get use to but
        once I began to think fumble around on it, I realized
        just how useful the Yahoo Groups sites are.
        Especially to new-comers! I do not always have the
        time for other lists and this one is darn interesting
        enough! Other html web sites like David Karp's
        wonderful http://www.zscale.org can also be a good
        source of focused Z scale information.

        BTW, I've completely redesigned the #1001, Z scale
        Mainline Water Station (it's even got a couple of shadow
        figure workers). Anyone starting out with a steam era
        layout is going to really like this product. Much easier
        to build than the previous one!

        Reynard
        http://www.micronart.com

        On Friday, May 27, 2005, at 09:49 AM, zbendtrack@... wrote:

        > Robert:
        <edited for length

        > Look at the Rec.Models.Railroad newsgroup as an example of absolute
        > chaos.  I
        > usually refer to it as Rec.Models.Railroad.and.Grumpy.Old.Men.  <smile>
        >
        > What we have is far from perfect, but perhaps much better than other
        > alternatives for a group of this size (1,000+) with wildly different
        > computer skills
        > level.
        >
        > Bill K.
        <edited>